cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add on

meganlee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I'm from Canada, currently in the US for the day. I had purchased an add on of 1 GB data + roam for 10 days (cheapest best option  as I need GPS)...but it still says I am on roam and not able to use it any idea why?

Also, I'm not able to make any calls and I'm on the $50 8gb international call/text

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@meganlee wrote:

Hello, 

I'm from Canada, currently in the US for the day. I had purchased an add on of 1 GB data + roam for 10 days (cheapest best option  as I need GPS)...but it still says I am on roam and not able to use it any idea why?

Also, I'm not able to make any calls and I'm on the $50 8gb international call/text

Thanks 

You have pretend you are buying twice if you don't have money already in account.  First time you tell it to buy, money only does the top up. You have to go and do the purchase steps again. Check if there is $20 still in balance. If funds still there, add-on wasn't bought.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@meganlee  Your $50 plan includes:

• 8 GB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Talk Canada & US
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail & Call Display

This means that while in Canada, you can make calls to other phone numbers in Canada and to USA (when the call orginates from Canada).

If you purchased the US data roam add-on, check your purchase history to make sure that the charge went through, and check your add-ons if you see it listed there. 

While in USA if you need to call Canada or other phones in USA, you can install a free talking app like talkatone and allows free phone calls to USA and Canada phone numbers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Buying the 10 Day US Roaming Data add-on is a 2 step process. First step is to load Available Funds with $$ to make the purchase...then go back and actually buy the add-on. If you done that and still have no data service, see if it helps to manually select either of AT&T or T Mobile networks.

Your $50 calling plan only allows you to call Canada and US numbers whilst you're in Canada.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@meganlee wrote:

Hello, 

Thanks 

Your phone should be showing a US carrier partner?  Maybe you are in a no coverage zone.  

You can try: Have a look at self serve and see if the add on is active.  The $50 plan does not allow calls from USA without a calling add on. I think you just added the data add on 

US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) - $20.00?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@meganlee 

You are unable to make calls or text if you did not buy a US calling/texting roaming package.  You are able to make phone calls/text  to US while you are in Canada, not USA.  

Make sure that your data roaming is turned on.  Does the data roaming show up in your self service account, under add ons?  Do you see AT&T or T mobile as US carrier on phone?  

Need Help? Let's chat.