cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

gleekha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchaced two add-ons - one for roaming calls and text and another for data, and my roaming is not working.

Can I get some support from PM. I am in the US now and need to have access to roaming asap.

Thanks!

g.

10 REPLIES 10

@gleekha wrote:

Re-starting worked! Thank you so much! I lost a day of roaming use waiting for my add ons to be activated!

Feeback for @Moderator_Team : Please add date/time of add on expiry in an easy to view place to avoid confusion. 

Glad you got it sorted!

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

gleekha

Re-starting worked! Thank you so much! I lost a day of roaming use waiting for my add ons to be activated!

Feeback for @Moderator_Team : Please add date/time of add on expiry in an easy to view place to avoid confusion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleekha wrote:

Oh drat! I just reviewed my Data & Data Add-Ons and it looks like I accidently purchased two of the same roaming data add ons and no call/text? I really don't know how that happened...

Hmm... can someone help me to fix this please.

Gagan

Me neither. I thought it wasn't supposed to let you buy concurrent same roaming add-ons. That you had to wait for one to expire before buying it again. But maybe it lets you and then just doesn't work. Nonetheless...restart your phone after buying add-ons.

gleekha

Hmmm... something else is not right. I just noticed that my roaming data is not working either.

gleekha

Thank you! I will do that.

gleekha

@gleekha wrote:

Oh drat! I just reviewed my Data & Data Add-Ons and it looks like I accidently purchased two of the same roaming data add ons and no call/text? I really don't know how that happened...

Gagan

@gleekhaThe only person who can help you do that is the moderator team, but it takes them a few days to respond. If you need the calling/texting I suggest purchasing the add-on now that you need and sending them a message asking to refund you on the extra one you do not need. This is pre-paid so they dont have to but they are pretty friendly. Just remember to be nice. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

gleekha

Gagan

gleekha

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, roaming is on. I purchased a 10day roaming add on when I got here and it worked fine. I purchased the new one yesterday and no connection yet.

Gagan

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@gleekha wrote:

I purchaced two add-ons - one for roaming calls and text and another for data, and my roaming is not working.

Can I get some support from PM. I am in the US now and need to have access to roaming asap.

Thanks!

g.

@gleekha

US Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Did you enable roaming on your phone? You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on, on your phone.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

Please check this and let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.