cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Data Add-Ons

lettherebelight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have purchased all the US Roaming options available on the add ons page and used them up before the 10 days. I am in the US for an extended period of time without access to wifi and need a lot of data for work. I  need another 1GB, but the option on add-ons page is not available. Is there any way to get this reset so I can purchase more roaming data?? I don't understand why the add ons disappear after you purchase them once?

6 REPLIES 6

hiroshik: In all cases you can ask the support people to buy the add-on anytime.

You can buy different amounts of data. Just not the same titled one until the next day after it expires.

After the 240 hours you can buy a different talk add-on. If you have the bundle then you can buy the other bundle after the 240 hours. Or the talk only after 240 hours.

You can also use apps like textnow while on wifi or data for talk and text.

hiroshik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wanted to confirm how this add-on system works while in the states. You can't add another 10 days of talk/text/ data until it expires and the option shows up again. Does this mean that I would be unable to talk/ text/ use data for at least 24 hours until the add-on shows up again? It's unfortunate that I can't just add that on right away and it just kicks in seemlessy once the first 10 days are up. I'm often in the US for only 14 days so I would either have to strategically use my US days (start it 4 days into my trip or be without a phone for four days) instead of feeling further ripped off by paying for 10 days of add on and literally get MAYBE 3 days!

@lettherebelight 

If you need so much data and are in the States for more than the 10 days, Public Mobile add-ons might not be the most economincal options.

Have you looked into getting a big data plan from a US provider?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here is the link to explain us data roming add ons, hope it helps.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@lettherebelight wrote:

I have purchased all the US Roaming options available on the add ons page and used them up before the 10 days. I am in the US for an extended period of time without access to wifi and need a lot of data for work. I  need another 1GB, but the option on add-ons page is not available. Is there any way to get this reset so I can purchase more roaming data?? I don't understand why the add ons disappear after you purchase them once?

You need to open a support ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and then typing in "rep".  My understanding is that the self serve system doesn't allow customers to purchase an identical roaming add-on until 24 hours after the add-on that was already on the account falls off.

Just to add...  Depending on how busy the moderators are, they might not get to your request before the system auto-resets after 24 hours 😞

@lettherebelight wrote:

You need to open a support ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and then typing in "rep".  My understanding is that the self serve system doesn't allow customers to purchase an identical roaming add-on until 24 hours after the add-on that was already on the account falls off.

Need Help? Let's chat.