cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Roaming Did Not Work

danlatuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a US data roaming package while travelling in the US over the weekend. However, the data roaming did not work when I was travelling down the Washington coast to the Oregon coast. I ensured that my data roaming settings were enabled and that the carrier service was connected automatically either AT&T or T-Mobile. My phone connected to the carrier but when attempting to use data it would not allow it even though I was connected to the carrier. I checked the coverage map, and I definitely was in the coverage areas.

I am trying to figure out 1) why it didn't work so that I can ensure this doesn't happen again during my next US travel and 2) how do I go about requesting a refund for purchasing a service that did not work.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mrstski wrote:

I purchased a US roaming package, had my data on, roaming on, and turned my phone off and on.  Nothing.  I was in Vegas for a week and the roaming package did not work.  The network I was connected to was t-mobile.  I would like to know why the roaming did not work and I would like to get my money back.

Do you possibly still see at least the amount you paid in your Available Funds?

Did you try to connect to AT&T also?

Mrstski

I purchased a US roaming package, had my data on, roaming on, and turned my phone off and on.  Nothing.  I was in Vegas for a week and the roaming package did not work.  The network I was connected to was t-mobile.  I would like to know why the roaming did not work and I would like to get my money back.

danlatuk

Just a follow-up in. a new US trip, i purchased the new US roaming plan for $65 monthly and still the us roaming is very spotty. I have multiple bars of coverage but data does not very often. Once in a while I it will connect and I’ll get a bunch of emails and notifications. But most of the time when I want to use it it does not connect.

I did notice something very interesting. When trying to make a phone call it took quite a long time to get a ring tone, however, immediately after it successfully started dialing I would end the call and my

data would work right after. So basically, anytime I wanted to use data I would have to make a call somewhere, end if, then use data right after. I wonder if Public Mobile is somehow capping the US roaming connectivity. Because that would absolutely  suck and what would the point be with getting a US roaming plan or add-on. 

Does anybody know what may may be causing this or how this could be solved? Otherwise I will be switching carriers very soon. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@danlatuk wrote:

I purchased a US data roaming package while travelling in the US over the weekend. However, the data roaming did not work when I was travelling down the Washington coast to the Oregon coast. I ensured that my data roaming settings were enabled and that the carrier service was connected automatically either AT&T or T-Mobile. My phone connected to the carrier but when attempting to use data it would not allow it even though I was connected to the carrier. I checked the coverage map, and I definitely was in the coverage areas.

@danlatuk Make sure you purchased the correct US roaming addon package.

I am trying to figure out 1) why it didn't work so that I can ensure this doesn't happen again during my next US travel and 2) how do I go about requesting a refund for purchasing a service that did not work.

Best to contact the moderatot team and explain what happened. They will also be able to help with the troubleshooting.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you add then purchase us roaming add-on.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

RossN
Mayor / Maire

danlatukk @i did you actuallyy purchase the add on or just top up your account its a 2 step process you can check if funds are still in your account

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@danlatukYou will need to contact the Moderators to get it sorted out.

Need Help? Let's chat.