cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Phone suddenly went "no service" today.

sidongfu94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's affecting my work significantly. This account has been hacked before and switched SIM card to hacker's. I've changed the password, gained back the phone number, and switched to another phone number. I can't access the account now either. Is it hacked again? I've messaged Moderator privately, but no response for 8 hours.

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

[ NOTE:   re-posting this to the OP's original question as my original reply disappeared shortly after it was in the thread.  ]

Hi @sidongfu94 

Sounds like you may have been SIM jacked.

Check and secure all your financial accounts.

When you can in your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password.  

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator.

[ EDIT  @sidongfu94   By any chance, do you live in/near Vancouver Island and Lower Mainland, British Columbia?   They are (were) experiencing major outages affecting TELUS services, which include Public Mobile. ]

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sidongfu94 if you only changed your password there is a good chance this is a repeat offence. 

I suggest moving to a provider that can help you security wise with a call center. it's probably a more safer route for you. plus you use your phone for business.

if you still want to stay then follow these tips for ultimate security

create an email strictly for public mobile
change your name and address on your self serve account
don't use your personal email password for the pm website
don't use a password manager(chrome, safari, etc. browsers
don't use your cellphone number as a 2fa for banks, PayPal etc

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @sidongfu94 ,

Have you tried some trouble shooting?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Until you can confirm the SIM number currently showing on your SELF SERVE account you will not know for sure.

Clear your browser's cache and open a tab in incognito mode, then try again.

Does your "forgot my password" option work?

If all these fail then see @HALIMACS post to wait on the moderators.

Good luck!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sidongfu94 wrote:

It's affecting my work significantly. This account has been hacked before and switched SIM card to hacker's. I've changed the password, gained back the phone number, and switched to another phone number. I can't access the account now either. Is it hacked again? I've messaged Moderator privately, but no response for 8 hours.

did you check the last 4 digits of the SIM card from My Account and from your SIM yet?  they match?

if it really got hacked again, i think you need to check your email passward, bank/paypal.. and change them all. .

Need Help? Let's chat.