cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT PLEASE HELP. I CANT LOG INTO MY PUBLIC MOBILE ACCOUNT AND I THINK I HAVE BEEN SIM SWAPPED

Abdullah1232
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have had this before where my account has been hacked and my sim was swapped and a lot of charges went on my account. After recovering my account and changing the password somehow it has happened again and I cannot even buy a new sim and change my line back because my login is disable. I need help recovering my account as soon as possible.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Abdullah1232 

After submitting a ticket go to the Community homepage and you will see Users Online. There are moderators online and you can private message any of them too to cover your bases in getting a response.

@JoyLuck FYI: private messaging an individual moderator does not reach them but goes into the same pool as sending the message to the team. 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Hello @Abdullah1232 ,

As mentioned, contact the PM Moderators (if you i did not already).

PM Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PS: SOO sorry this happened to you, not once, but twice? ugh.

I hope one day soon this becomes much more difficult (or not at all) for fraudsters to do!!

@Abdullah1232 

If your number has been ported out then it's been deactivated only the moderators can restore it for you once they trace where your numbers has been ported to. Did you recieve a text asking if you made a request to port out your number?

Abdullah1232

I don't have any access to my account so i can't even check

@Abdullah1232 

Hopefully having been thru this before you don't have your financials linked to your phone number or account email. Otherwise you should be securing those accounts first. Have you been able to contact a moderator yet?

@Abdullah1232...

Have a look to be sure the sim number on your account is the same as the number on the sim.

@Abdullah1232 

Response time is 24 - 48 hours but sometimes sooner.

Look for a reply from the moderators by looking at the envelope icon in the top right hand corner.

After submitting a ticket go to the Community homepage and you will see Users Online. There are moderators online and you can private message any of them too to cover your bases in getting a response.

Abdullah1232

I am a hundred percent sure that there is no way someone could have just guessed my password. I had 4 different special characters on there all in different locations and I made it extra secure because of this. I am going to contact the moderator team. Do you know how long they take to reply?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Abdullah1232  if your selfserve account has been disabled it means that you have been sim jacked and your number was ported to another carrier.

Submit a ticket to PM mark the subject urgent sim jacked. Also call your banks and credit cards and freeze all your important accounts.

If this is happened to you before then it's time to start using stronger passwords and practice safe online habits.

Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Abdullah1232 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the quote bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.