cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two small “Self Serve” improvements I would like to see

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

1- There was a recent discussion around the lack of an available receipt for payment forcing people to tie up moderator time to get one if needed. This seems like such a no brainer to me. All the info needed is available in Self Serve, all that is missing is the programming to create the form and plug in the numbers and make it available to print or email at Self Serve. Why would they tie up Moderator time when this should be so easily fixed?

2- Since the change to referal “codes” the list of your referrals at Self Serve is now in the format xxx-xxx-1234. For those of us who turn getting referrals into a bit of a challenge, most of us likely try to keep track of our referrals so if nothing else we can determine who left if we lose one in the future. How about the ability for us to tag the xxx number with our own info such as the phone number or a name? I realize that the change was to hide this info where we get referal credits from otherwise unknown people which would remain the same but in many/most cases these are people we know and we already have this info anyway. 

Neither of these are big items but both seem like easy fixes/improvements to me. The first one likely saving a reasonable amount of moderator time and the second one a nice touch primarily for people who add multiple new PM customers through the referal process which I would assume is desirable activity.

Terry

9 REPLIES 9

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Excellent ideas! I would love to see these features added.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@RobertQc 

Oh I know...just running it up the flag pole as it were! Want to see thoughts of others. If others feel strongly I would consider trying to bring this to the attention of PM. 

Item 1 just seems like a no brainer that shouldn’t have to be asked for.

Item 2 is more “new suggestion worthy” IMHO.

Terry

Wasn't aware you enjoyed this activity:

william windmills.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Top of the list seems to be simple Simon.  They've been working on him - and trying to make him look sexy for the party - for over year, or is it two years, three?

Seems that such a simple thing shouldn't take so long. Compsci kids can write sophisticated interactive chatbots in first year. With time left over to do all their other projects. Unless they're failing, of course. 

I'm surprised that somebody Higher Up hasn't already pulled the plug on Simon or set some hard deadlines because in the real world you can't deliver empty promises and poor results forever. Things get fixed and things get replaced, the objective is making business not making toys. 

PM's business model leans very heavy on the PM website - it's the only interface between customer and company - it's all their eggs in one web basket. And broken website is broken business.

The only "assets" PM has offline are customer loyalty and word of mouth - and these keep getting battered by every inconvenience the PM websites impose on them. 

@Korth 

I know little about the programming of it but if the lack of ability to obtain your own invoices causes the slightest increase in traffic to the moderators I would think fixing this would be at the top of a hit list of small improvements around here.

Terry

Screenshots are currently the most workable option. 

Can't really save as a webpage or retrieve from browser cache because https and frame embedding won't keep the important stuff intact. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

You would think printing or downloading your bill would be easy enough. What do most people do? Screenshot?

Enabling a "Save as..." or "Print" dialog on a webform is a trivial challenge. And exporting the numbers into a consumer-friendly format (like a watermarked PDF) instead of a half-useless format (like a tabulated QuickBooks index) is also a trivial challenge.

Hopefully PM doesn't lose too many customers to competitors (who already provide these zero-cost fully-automated services) before they're ready to accept such trivial challenges. 

@RobertQc 

Oh I know...just running it up the flag pole as it were! Want to see thoughts of others. If others feel strongly I would consider trying to bring this to the attention of PM. 

Item 1 just seems like a no brainer that shouldn’t have to be asked for.

Item 2 is more “new suggestion worthy” IMHO.

Terry

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@AE_CollectorI like it however even if we the customers agree with you, you may want to send your suggestions to the public mobile staff, as this is a community forum the higher up's pretty much never peruse the forum. We (the customers) can't really do much here with suggestions.

Need Help? Let's chat.