cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port in a number from Voip.ms

proplayer44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have a cell phone number I would like to port in from a reseller called Voip.ms. When I attempted to do it the Public Mobile webpage kicked back an error. "Your old Service provider rejected your request." So I contacted Voip.ms and they explained they never received the request. That it was actually stopped at Public Mobile. Can I have an admin help with this request? I have two accounts with PubMob. The port request is for my second account which may or may not be associated with this forum login. I can provide the account number and pin to the Public Mobile Admin.
5 REPLIES 5

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@proplayer44 wrote:
I have a cell phone number I would like to port in from a reseller called Voip.ms. When I attempted to do it the Public Mobile webpage kicked back an error. "Your old Service provider rejected your request." So I contacted Voip.ms and they explained they never received the request. That it was actually stopped at Public Mobile. Can I have an admin help with this request? I have two accounts with PubMob. The port request is for my second account which may or may not be associated with this forum login. I can provide the account number and pin to the Public Mobile Admin.

I contacted VOIP.ms a couple months ago because my port into Public Mobile failed, and they also responded that they had not received the request. I was able to figure out that the port request actually goes to another carrier before it gets to VOIP.ms.

Their support gave me instructions how how to specifically match my port request to my account. I noticed two things: (1) postal code has no spaces or dashes, and (2) the reseller should be "Voip.ms" (without double quotes). After the port request was corrected, it took several more days to complete (for the reasons stated by others). 

Also, one note from the support pages at VOIP.MS:

When Porting Out my number the new carrier requests the PIN, what is my PIN?

Please note that numbers that are ported into us or purchased from our portal, are not assigned any passwords/PINs. This could be a system rejection that the gaining carrier provides before sending the LSR to our underlying carrier. If this number is being ported to a wireless provider, they may need to leave the PIN field blank or make up a PIN. If the port still gets rejected, kindly ask the winning carrier for both the PON and the exact reason and email us at ports@voip.ms for us to verify with our carriers.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As someone else stated, voip ports take longer, usually 5-7 days. The moderators will help you sort things out though.

proplayer44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks guys, I followed the link and made a request. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@proplayer44 wrote:

You can private message the Modrator_Team and ask for assistance here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I believe Voip and landline porting take longer but require moderators help to facilitate.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@proplayer44  It may take awhile for moderator assistance here is the link they seem backed up right now      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.