cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find out if I can get service in my area

Skullboss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I'm trying to figure out if I can get service where I live the maps option isn't working. I don't want to go with this company if I can't even get service in my area lol Someone plz help 

12 REPLIES 12

@cds_nl wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@cds_nl wrote:

Public mobile operates off the Telus network, so if Telus services are available in your area you will have no issues 

There are.some areas that are just LTE on the Telus network. Voice will work on Telus but not Public because of no VoLTE.

Public Mobile connects to the LTE network it justs reduces you speed to that of a 3G network. So you still get the reliability of the LTE network just at a reduced speed.

Voice won't work on LTE. So, if you are in a place with only LTE network, you can't call. That means it doesn't work everywhere Telus does, only most places.

cds_nl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@cds_nl wrote:

Public mobile operates off the Telus network, so if Telus services are available in your area you will have no issues 

There are.some areas that are just LTE on the Telus network. Voice will work on Telus but not Public because of no VoLTE.

Public Mobile connects to the LTE network it justs reduces you speed to that of a 3G network. So you still get the reliability of the LTE network just at a reduced speed.

@cds_nl wrote:

There are some areas that are just LTE on the Telus network. Voice will work on Telus but not Public because of no VoLTE.

cds_nl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Jenndew

If you have a London drugs near you contact the cell phone department they're great with getting you set up

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Skullboss  PM uses Telus and Bell towers so if Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin and Lucky are available in your area so is Public Mobile.

Teler

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/??/coverage

?? can be changed to the province where you are in.

Teler

You can find the coverage at:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you live in an area where KOODO AND TELUS are active, then PM should work. You could also try a wireless retail kiosk to see if service is available.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The coverage is the same as Bell, Virgin Mobile, Lucky Mobile, Telus, Koodo.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a link for PM coverage map.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

So where do you live ?. Anywhere that Telus works, PM will work.

Need Help? Let's chat.