cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to change to new plan before plan re-news

sarahannedobson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am out of data and my plan does not re-new for another 10 days. I don't mind that I will be out the money...I've topped up my account to $60 and and trying to "change" to the same plan that I already have. When I click on change current plan now, instead of on re-newal date it simply takes me back to my landing page where it still shows my full balance of $60 and that my plan still won't re-new until the 18th even though today is the 7th. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Renee2215 wrote:

Im annoyed bc I do care about paying the extra money. How can I reach a moderator?

Click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Just remember it could be couple of days before they respond, although it's usually much quicker.

Renee2215

Im annoyed bc I do care about paying the extra money. How can I reach a moderator?

sarahannedobson

I just did this exactly! I didn’t mind spending the extra $10. Thanks so much!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Psygineer  My very recent experience with moderators' response time from my message to getting it resolved, including verification, was completed under 3 days.  I'm guessing technical issues take longer than others, so might be the reason why mine was resolved quickly.

Hopefully, OP will get a quick resolve too.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarahannedobson wrote:

I am out of data and my plan does not re-new for another 10 days. I don't mind that I will be out the money...I've topped up my account to $60 and and trying to "change" to the same plan that I already have. When I click on change current plan now, instead of on re-newal date it simply takes me back to my landing page where it still shows my full balance of $60 and that my plan still won't re-new until the 18th even though today is the 7th. 

You need moderator assistance to renew your current plan earlier than the 30 days.

You could expend more money to get there though. You could change now to the $10 plan and then change now again to the $60 plan. But there are no refunds or pro-rating here. You pay anew for the "new' plan.

Edit: yumpin yiminy. I saw psygineer's reply and started writing. Now ninja'd by several and an edit from psygineer. 🙂

I like to stay classy with my edits! I answer what I can and send it, then wish I would have said more and edit it. Do that three or four times with each post I do now (so I don't have any poorly written negative sounding posts anymore!).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarahannedobson wrote:

You need moderator assistance to renew your current plan earlier than the 30 days.

You could expend more money to get there though. You could change now to the $10 plan and then change now again to the $60 plan. But there are no refunds or pro-rating here. You pay anew for the "new' plan.

Edit: yumpin yiminy. I saw psygineer's reply and started writing. Now ninja'd by several and an edit from psygineer. 🙂

@sarahannedobson  if you want to change to the same plan  you have you have to send a message to the Moderator_Team and ask them to do it! 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sarahannedobson wrote:

You'll need to contact Moderator_Team to renew to the same plan but you can select a different plan or try to get a similar plan under BYOP and then future date to your current one once you've changed to a different plan.

You can contact moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderator response time can be anywhere from 2-48 hours.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sarahannedobson wrote:

You can't change to the same plan you already have. 

You can change to plan you don't currently have or add an addon to give you some more data, but the addon data is seriously expensive all things considered. (1GB add-on on its own costs $5 more than a Canada-Wide Talk/Text plan with 1GB of data.) Mind you the data does roll over on the add-on.

Do not change to a cheap plan and then back to your existing plan as it won't prorate you for the cost of the cheap plan, you will just be throwing that money away.

A moderator could possibly induce your billing cycle right now, but their response time is slow. At least 2-3 days to get the verification mail then 2-3 more days for a first response (possible resolution). At least that is my experience with support. So basically a week from now you could have it refreshed but that is only a couple of days before your natural refresh.

Need Help? Let's chat.