cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to be reimbursed

betty123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined publicmobile and went with someone else 6 days after.my credit card was charged so I need to be reimbursed.so frustrated that I cannot speak to anyone

7 REPLIES 7

@betty123

I suggest you consider your credit card charge a sunk cost and move on. Because it is written in the rules. It is all nice and well that people suggest you to contact the moderators.. but what can they realistically do? besides having to deal with requests.

I would refer you to Public Mobile's Terms of Service:

How does Public Mobile prepaid service work?

• With prepaid service, you purchase service credits in advance. You can apply your credits to pay for a rate plan, and then you can add voice or data add-ons if you have enough credits.

Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically deactivated.

Send another.  Everyone in this community is a sebscriner, not employees.  Moderators are the only employees here.

betty123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I send a private message to the moderator over a week ago and have yet to receive a reply.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@betty123 wrote:

I joined publicmobile and went with someone else 6 days after.my credit card was charged so I need to be reimbursed.so frustrated that I cannot speak to anyone

PM does not have call center.  Support is provided by sending a private message to moderator.  Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

6 days after you activated your PM plan, you decided to use other mobile provider.  Am I right?

PM plans are prepaid plan.  There is no refund for prepaid plan in Canada including PM.

If you ported your number to another provider, your account was closed.

If you are not using your new PM SIM card, please remove your credit/debit card from your self-serve account so that PM cannot get money from on your renewal date.  90 days after no payment, your account will be canceled.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@betty123 wrote:

@betty123  If you ported out of PM your account was closed and you are not entitled to any refunds. If you setup AutoPay on your account and you are still being charged then you need to contact a moderator to remove your CC from the account. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@betty123 are you saying you cere charged twice? Once on sign up and again 6 days after you ported out?

If your card was only charged on signup then there will be no refund. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@betty123 

Generally, there is no refunds with Public mobile since it is prepaid service.  If you leave early, you will lose whatever is remaining in your account.  No prorated plans.  

You could try to message moderator.  YMMV.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.