cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble signing into account

jrgrave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to get to the self serve for my account to activate a new sum card because I lost mine but the email attached to my account will not allow me to log in. When I try to use the forget my password link to retrieve or set up a new password the system does not recognize my email. And when I try to register it says I have already registered.  I even had to set up another email address to use this community service since the system is not recognizing my actual attached email address. So I cannot log into account my actual PM account. 

20 REPLIES 20

@jrgrave Given the complexity of your problem AND assuming you have not yet requested a ticket, I think you will get faster service by working your way through Simon to the freeform area where you can enter the whole saga. Just use your current Community email address and password.

To get a ticket:

1. click the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "ticket",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form.

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jrgrave wrote:

i received the original email but the system still does not recognize my email address to allow me to change or update my password or register. I do not want a new activation. I want to keep my existing phone number

@jrgrave  Since you received the original email check the subject line. Open up a ticket include that number along with the phone number, name on account and what you believe to be the email on that account and ask the moderator if they can verify your information.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue and submit your ticket. The ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team

Good Luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrgrave wrote:

i received the original email but the system still does not recognize my email address to allow me to change or update my password or register. I do not want a new activation. I want to keep my existing phone number

Have you had any luck with the moderators? You might have to provide all kinds of information that you used when you activated.

And just for the dumb thought...you're trying the My Account self-serve system right? Not this community side. They're different systems.

jrgrave

@jrgrave wrote:

No, I've never logged in before 

@jrgraveSounds like you entered an incorrect/invalid email when registering your account. Unfortunately if you can't verify your account then the Moderator will not be able to help you. Since you have a new sim just setup a new activation.

How long have you been with public

Do you have lots of referrals? Were you receiving loyalty rewards? Are you attached to your number?

Did you ever write down the account number or requested copy of the bill

Do you remember the original pin?

Do you still have access to the credit card you used with public mobile?

There should be way for you to get access to your account with the help of moderators.

Finding the original welcome message would help definitely. Try going through all your emails

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Community and self-serve could have been created with different email addresses

Community welcome message has subject 'Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!'

Original sim activation has subject

'Your Public Mobile Activation Details'

Yeah, you'll need the help of a moderator like @RossN says.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

jrgrave

No, I've never logged in before 

jrgrave

No luck with that. It asks to enter my phone # to send a verification code by text but I've lost my phone so that gets me nowhere. That is why I'm trying to set up a new sim card I purchased 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jrgrave hi click on simon ? bottom right corner ask to open a ticket to contact moderators they can help with your problem good luck!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jrgrave  Have you ever been able to login into your selfserve account before?

@jrgrave wrote:

I tried that as well with no luck. 

So are you saying you did not get the email? If not, is there another email address you could have used, or maybe a typo when activating?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Mine looked like this.

welcome.PNG

jrgrave

How do I contact a moderator?

jrgrave

I tried that as well with no luck. 

Yup, I read that now. Verify you got the pm welcome email. If you got it then this guarantees this is the email that you used when you signed up. I'm guessing you'll have to contact a moderator, but if you find that email, it wouldn't hurt to try again later.

jrgrave

Hi chuck_grady,

The system does not recognize my email address so it will not send an email 

Check your gmail account and see that you got your welcome to PM email in that account when you signed up.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@jrgrave Best to remove your personal info like your email address and phone or account numbers. It won't help on this forum and it makes it discoverable and available to the general public.

To remove your personal information, find your original post.
Click on the three dots in the top right corner and choose "Edit Reply." From there just delete the information or use X's or # signs to show where it would have been.

The forgot password has been known to take some time to send out. It has also been found in Junk Mail Folders. It also expires after 2 hours I understand.

Need Help? Let's chat.