cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble registering Visa Debit

unduffytable
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having a lot of trouble registering my Visa debit to make payments. I've tried doing just a single payment method and also signing up for auto pay. I keep getting the same error message, that my card could not be authorized blah blah blah.

I have double and triple checked that I am entering my personal information correctly and I am also positive that it is not a problem with the card itself, as I have used it to make other online purchases recently.

I've also tried using both Microsoft Edge and Firefox as my browsers to see if it made a difference. It hasn't.

I'm stumped, anyone have any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

unduffytable
Thanks, I've called my bank and they said there is nothing holding me back on their end.
I got them to double check my info on file and they have my name and address etc written down correctly.

I'm really not sure what the problem is, I've successfully shopped online with this card elsewhere.

suefs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@unduffytable

The bank issuing the visa debit could be blocking the transaction for security purposes. You should give them a call and see if they can add an override code on the account to push the transaction through.

losinator501

Definitely issues with it, VISA Debit doesn't work for me either. Support told me to re-add, it didn't help.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you sure you enabled the Visa part on your debit card or trying calling your bank to confirm? I'm using a visa debit currently as well and haven't ran into any problems so far. 

unduffytable

I am still fairly new to Public Mobile. I have only made one payment so far, which I made using a Visa debit. However, I did not register for auto pay at the time, it was simply a one time payment. But that one time payment was also made with a different card.

I just got a new Visa debit and cant register it or set it up for auto pay, which I now know I want to do.

Unfortunately, I dont have another credit card to try.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@unduffytable  I was unable to register my Visa Debit as a payment method as well on my original setup.  I am not sure if you register a different card if you can then add it as an autopay option.  As I had the same issue with AMEX but could later add it as my autopay source.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Ensure you are entering address info letter for letter, and also I believe your first name can not be longer than 10 characters.  You may need to shorten or use the initial (ex. Christopher, Chris, C)

Need Help? Let's chat.