cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to activate 2nd sim for small ios phone vs 1st larger android, gave error now won't take sim.

RickKaren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to activate a second sim, 1 user/address, 2 phones, going to see which one I end up using more, and then decide to keep both or ditch one.

Anyway I would have preferred same email but it made me use a different one, so I did, at the end of process, it gave error screen, didn't get email or anything, when I went back to try activate again, it now says sim is not active and won't let me input, something screwed up.

can I do this all through same account/email to make it easier? can a mod pm me to fix this up?

10 REPLIES 10

RickKaren

It's not really a rush, in the past a ticket has got back to me pretty quick but there is a location nearby so I might consider that.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if your close to one of their physical locations you can have it setup their, it’s much faster

RickKaren

That was my idea, going to have to get mods to set finish setting up I think.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You should set up one user and use a referral code for the second user and set up auto pay for both and you’ll save a lot a month.

RickKaren

put in sim yesterday, it recognized public sim, but wasn't activated obviously, says no connection, when I put in new number in link doesn't send me a pin, so it's not on.

RickKaren

thanks for reply, yeah I trief referral, same cc, one gmail, one isp email, 1st phone was set up a week ago, it might have partially went through because I got message on first phone saying I referred, but no emails at all, and the error screen, so probably sim is taken (by me), and will have to finish through help of support.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RickKaren  Try the sim in your device to see if it connects to the network. If yes, then your sim is activated try accessing your selfserve account. If you can't then click here.

If it does not connect to the network try again in an hour. Using the same cc for two account is not an issue.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Each sim has to have a different email address. You can use same credit card. I'd suggest sign up a day later so credit card company does not think it is a duplicate charge. One account(email) per sim card.

Don't forget to use your referral code from the first account you created (you can find the code in your account on right hand side) for a $10 signup bonus on the 2nd account. 1st account will get $1 off per 30 days.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

RickKaren

thanks for the info, I'll try again in an hour, if not I'll contact them.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@RickKaren You can't have 2 sims/numbers on the same account. You can add or remove a period from an email address to create a second account and still get the emails in the original. As for the error, wait 60 mins, clear your browser cache and try again.

If it still doesn't work, contact a moderator for help. You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.