cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to Change my Number (Transfer a wireless number from another provider)

Micktedluna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I have a Bell pre-paid number that I tried to port over to Public Mobile. I am already a Public Mobile customer and had a number/account with them.

I clicked on the "Change Number" link and selected "Transfer a wireless number from another provider" and put in the Bell pre-paid phone number and my Bell account number. I wasn't able to get the SN number from my phone and don't have a PIN with Bell so I left those blank. But it still went through and it said the change was made successfully.

However, when I call the Bell number, my Bell phone is ringing. And when I call my old PM number, it says the number is not in service! 

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Micktedluna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's working! Took about half an hour 🙂

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Micktedluna wrote:

Hi there,

I have a Bell pre-paid number that I tried to port over to Public Mobile. I am already a Public Mobile customer and had a number/account with them.

I clicked on the "Change Number" link and selected "Transfer a wireless number from another provider" and put in the Bell pre-paid phone number and my Bell account number. I wasn't able to get the SN number from my phone and don't have a PIN with Bell so I left those blank. But it still went through and it said the change was made successfully.

However, when I call the Bell number, my Bell phone is ringing. And when I call my old PM number, it says the number is not in service! 

Please help!

Give it a bit more time, it will work if you used the correct account number of your 'ACTIVE' Bell Prepaid Line.

Also there is no such thing as a SN number in the wireless porting world.  You just need only 'ONE' of the following three things

1) Account Number or

2) IMEI of the Device that had your Previous Active Sim Card or

3) Account Pin /Password 

Remember just one not all three

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Has it been over 2 hours since you ported ?

You should contact a moderator.  

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Micktedluna  porting usually takes a few hours.  How long ago Did you port it over? Restart your public mobile phone also

Need Help? Let's chat.