cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring numbers

Sfang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey I transferred my old number. Everything seem to went thru and says the plan is active but I am not able to receive or calls or text. Each time someone tries to call says number not in service but the transfer said it was okay. That's the only way plan got activated. What do I do

12 REPLIES 12

@Sfang wrote:

Hey what happens if the line wasn't active anymore.

Hi @Sfang you cannot transfer your phone number if your Freedom account is closed.  So hopefully you are just waiting for porting to complete.

Can you sign in your self-serve account?  Your email address is your username and the password is the one you chose.  On the overview page, click the Plan & Add-on tab.  If your number is there, Public Mobile has done its job.  Welcome!

@Sfang wrote:

You would first have to reactivate your Freedom Mobile service. Otherwise, the porting request to transfer the number to Public Mobile would fail and you would eventually be forced to change the phone number on the Public Mobible account.

@Sfang wrote:

It was a cell phone number from. Freedom mobile

Your freedom account will be closed automatically once ported out. Are you still having problems with PM? If so contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sfang wrote:

All providers need to be an active account to transfer out.

Except for inter-family like Telus to Koodo to PM and back up.

Sfang

It was a cell phone number from. Freedom mobile

Sfang

@Sfang 

If you find your experience with simple simon frustrating you can send a private message to the moderators instead. Put Moderator_team in the send bar. "Port failure" in the subject bar and give a detailed message in your case you would include the following:

1. Full name and address on your pm account. 
  2. Email, phone # (temporary) and pin#.
  3. Phone # to be ported, full name on that account and account#.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times have been quicker than average the last couple of days. The majority of ports take mere minutes but can take up to 2 hours for mobile numbers. Ensure any porting protection on your old account has been removed prior to making a porting request.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sfang 

Porting a mobile number will take from couple hours to couple days to complete.

Porting a landline or VoIP number will take up to 1 week to complete.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Sfang 

You should contact the moderators to look into it. Incoming calls should not say "number is not in service" typically it would go to your old providers voicemail.

To reach moderators you have two options.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sfang wrote:

Hey I transferred my old number. Everything seem to went thru and says the plan is active but I am not able to receive or calls or text. Each time someone tries to call says number not in service but the transfer said it was okay. That's the only way plan got activated. What do I do

@Sfang hi if it was a cell number you transfered then you can use the old sim until port is complete also remember to keep your old account active until port is complete

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try turning off your phone then turn it back on.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Sfang wrote:

@Sfang hello it can take a few hours for a port to complete reboot phone a landline can take a few days 

Need Help? Let's chat.