cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my account to new sim

Batman905
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do i transfer my number and account to new sim card im extremely frustrated that I can't just call someone and give the phone number d sim number and transfer it 

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

Anyone k ow how long these people take to reply I've sent multiple msgs 

To answer this question:

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Batman905, are you a long term legacy member, with an old phone, and a SIM card that wasn’t a multi-size punch out?

Your PIN should be a 4 digit code, like an bank card would have.  I am not a legacy member, I’m a post-beta member.  When I signed up, the activation system asked me to provide a PIN.  Does any of this sound familiar?

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wrote:

No but to access my account I need a pin I've never had to deal with this online I've ever had this issue so I never set up an account online  

When you say "pin" do you mean your "password"?

Just looked myself and as @NDesai says you shouldn't need a pin.

Please verify that you are going to the Self-Serve site: Self-Serve.

@Batman905wrote:

No but to access my account I need a pin I've never had to deal with this online I've ever had this issue so I never set up an account online  

Your account is set up during the Activation process. The first step must've asked you for your email and your password. This is what you need to login to your self-serve account. 

Batman905

@Batman905wrote:

My phone won't get any msg because the sim card won't fit in new phone and I'm on WiFi to try and get a solution so I can't go to my account to change the sim 

If your new phone is taking smaller sim, you can use the same sim by punching the small one (nano) out of it. If your new phone requires a bigger sim and you do not have an adapter for it, then yes, you will need a new sim. To change your sim number, you can do so from your self-server account as mentioned above. 

I am not sure why you need the PIN number. SIM number change doesn't ask for PIN code. 

Batman905

Anyone k ow how long these people take to reply I've sent multiple msgs 

Batman905

My phone won't get any msg because the sim card won't fit in new phone and I'm on WiFi to try and get a solution so I can't go to my account to change the sim 

koimr1

wrote:

Can't receive text msg to get pin to set up my account 

All right - so you need to get your pin, got ya. If you are sure you don't have it handy then you'll need to contact the mods via private message by clicking here and providing your email address, phone number and a description of your problem ("I need my pin!!").

koimr1

wrote:

OK so I bought a new sim for a new phone that wouldn't take my old sim because it was a micro sim and I needed a nano sim for the new phone so now I'm gunna lose my account I just topped up 7 days ago ? And have to pay for another plan I don't get it 

Oh ok, no worries - you won't lose anything. 🙂

Follow the instructions in my post with the Self-Serve site and just make sure you have your new SIM card # handy while you do it.

Batman905

Can't receive text msg to get pin to set up my account 

Batman905

OK so I bought a new sim for a new phone that wouldn't take my old sim because it was a micro sim and I needed a nano sim for the new phone so now I'm gunna lose my account I just topped up 7 days ago ? And have to pay for another plan I don't get it 

koimr1

wrote:

How do i transfer my number and account to new sim card im extremely frustrated that I can't just call someone and give the phone number d sim number and transfer it 

You can do this via the Self-Serve site. Log in there, click "Plan and Add-Ons" at the top and then "Change Sim Card". 🙂   

Edit: I might've misunderstood you - what are you trying to do exactly? My instructions would be if you've lost or damaged your SIM card and have a new one and want to use the new one.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

To understand this correctly, you want to port your number from one PM account to another? If yes, you will lose one of the two account and the ph number currently linked with the account you are porting to. 

EDIT: hehe, i totaly understood this wrong. 

Need Help? Let's chat.