cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring existing phone number

jk02
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just activated my phone with public mobile and I want to transfer my phone number from Koodo. I clicked the button where it says "change phone number" but does not work. Please help me how to complete it.

6 REPLIES 6

@jk02 wrote:

So what should I do? Will contacting Koodo help?

There is no need to contact Koodo.

Contact PM Moderators by following the instructions given above:

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Meanwhile, keep your Koodo account active. You can continue to use your Koodo SIM to receive your calls and texts. Once the port is complete, your Koodo SIM will stop working and your Koodo account will close automatically.

Welcome to PM!

jk02

Thank you!

jk02

So what should I do? Will contacting Koodo help?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jk02 

The change phone number option in self-serve is unavailable at the moment.

As a result of ongoing back-end maintenance, the function to port a number to your Public Mobile SIM within My Account  is temporarily unavailable.

See PM announcement here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jk02 

You need moderator help to port your number.  Type "Port Request" and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  phone number to port and the Koodo account number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Need Help? Let's chat.