cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred suspended phone number to PM

jlyg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have just switched from Koodo to Public Mobile. I lost my Koodo SIM card, so I suspended my line in my Koodo account. I found out that Public Mobile has an awesome deal, so I switched my phone numer over to Public Mobile. I followed the steps in this post and was able to transfer sucessfully.

However, after many hours, I am still not able to make any calls.. (I did receive a welcome message from Public mobile tho). What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

@jlyg

It looks like a stuck/incomplete port.  You will need to contact moderator. Expect 2-3 day wait though.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can try to put your PM Sim card into another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus public mobile service issue.  

jlyg

<Duplicated reply>

jlyg

@Psygineer @mimmo

I have already received a cancellation email from Koodo, and the line is no longer acitve on my Koodo account. And I am sure that the transfer was successful because I did receive a welcome message from PM on the number I transferred, and my friend got the referral bonus too.

lou27

If you got a welcome message from Public. It should be ported. Try a reboot and also sometimes it takes up to 2 hours to complete the port meaning you can receive text but calls will not work.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jlyg wrote:

Hi,

I have just switched from Koodo to Public Mobile. I lost my Koodo SIM card, so I suspended my line in my Koodo account. I found out that Public Mobile has an awesome deal, so I switched my phone numer over to Public Mobile. I followed the steps in this post and was able to transfer sucessfully.

However, after many hours, I am still not able to make any calls.. (I did receive a welcome message from Public mobile tho). What can I do?

Are you sure the actual account was suspended (maybe just your SIM was disabled although admittedly not sure if that is a fine enough line to make a difference)? The port should have failed without an active account though.. Are you referring to the fact you can't get calls to the line right now (due the port being in process [that can take up to half a day for mobile to mobile]) but can dial out still (the account is active on PM)?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

How did you suspend your koodo line? Accounts need to be active to port. So I would activate your koodobavcountbon cheapest plan then message mods to complete the port for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.