cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred my line from koodo to public mobile and number not working

aeis2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I trasferred my wife's koodo number to public mobile using the change number function after getting a temp public moblic sim card from a reseller booth.

Now her transferred number is not working. There is "6qv2 number not in service" message everytime i dial the number.

Any soulutions to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope you got it resolved by email or text and you are able to use thé phone again.

aeis2000

Problem sorted out.

Sent an email to moderator team, they replied asking for more information and the ported koodo number is working now.

Thanks everyone for your help.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Send a text to see what carrier receives it. If PM then the port is likely stuck. Also put Koodo sim in a phone and try to make/receive a call. Call receiving is the last step in the port process

@aeis2000 wrote:

Koodo has stopped the number when we transferred the nnumber over.

@aeis2000  Ok, did you setup the port or was it done at the store? Sounds like the port is stuck but still not sure how the port was initiated if in fact it was a Koodo prepaid account.

aeis2000

Koodo has stopped the number when we transferred the nnumber over.

@aeis2000 wrote:

just tried restarting the phone, no luck although it shows public mobile as the network.

Been abt 4 hours now, will contact the mods.

Thanks

@aeis2000 In the meantime you can continue to use the Koodo sim card in the phone until the port is completed.

aeis2000

just tried restarting the phone, no luck although it shows public mobile as the network.

Been abt 4 hours now, will contact the mods.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aeis2000 wrote:

Hi,

I trasferred my wife's koodo number to public mobile using the change number function after getting a temp public moblic sim card from a reseller booth.

Now her transferred number is not working. There is "6qv2 number not in service" message everytime i dial the number.

Wasn't there a response back from the site that you can't transfer a Koodo prepaid # or something?

What if you put in the original Koodo SIM. Does it still work?

@aeis2000 wrote:

no, it's not

@aeis2000  Koodo prepaid numbers can only be ported by contacting the moderator team. Include the account number, name and phone number.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aeis2000 

Is your Koodo account prepaid or post paid? Prepaid Koodo account need moderator help to complete port.  

Postpaid Koodo ports usually are done within 1-2 hours since both companies are part of Telus.  If your port is not complete by tomorrow morning, you will need to contact moderator.  Expect 1-2 day wait.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Maybe try re-booting your wife's phone.

aeis2000

no, it's not

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aeis2000 wrote:

Hi,

@aeis2000 Was it a Koodo postpaid account?

Need Help? Let's chat.