cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer the old number failed

pan2010711
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to transfer my old number but failed.

and it's can not get new number as well... what's can I do now?

5 REPLIES 5

@Master2000 wrote:

After testing your new line is working, go back in your account and start a transfer request:
Select "Change Number" under "My Profile" on the Overview page. Choose to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

@pan2010711 already tried to port. When port has failed, the user can't try again without a moderator.

@pan2010711 do you have the old carrier account number? Don't post it here but include it in the ticket.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pan2010711  Are trying to port from Koodo prepaid? If yes then you need to submit a ticket so that PM can set it up for you.

@pan2010711 

More details may be helpful.  What happens when you put the PM SIM card in your phone?  You should be able to call and text out.  Incoming calls should not work be working.  If you tried port from old carrier on activation, you are unable to choose a new number afterwards.  Some would suggest activating first with a new temporary public mobile number.  Make sure it activates properly and then port the number afterwards.  

If your port is stuck, you will need to contact moderator.  Response times are 1-2 days.  You could put your old carrier SIM card in your phone as it should still be working.  

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Start InPrivate session in your browser.

The best is to acticate your SIM with a new number.

After testing your new line is working, go back in your account and start a transfer request:
Select "Change Number" under "My Profile" on the Overview page. Choose to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pan2010711 wrote:

I'd like to transfer my old number but failed.

and it's can not get new number as well... what's can I do now?

Contact moderators and submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.