cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number Public to Public

graham-stewart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Guys,

One of my phones i need to move away from public mobile as I need to be able to raom internationally on it. I would like to port one number away and then move the other number on to the ported account as I have more loyalty discounts on that one. If this possible and if so how? When I checked eligability to move the number if said error and contact support.

Thanks,

Graham

14 REPLIES 14

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't think no mobile carrier allows porting numbers within the same carrier.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When a port completes, the account is closed, automatically. Another activation would be needed with a new sim.

@geopublic You must be thinkling of a different thread as OP said "loyalty discounts on that one".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Why are you recommending contacting the moderators to discuss movement of rewards which are account specific?  The community can answer this question.  It cannot be done.  All rewards associated with an account stays with the account.  If the account closes, rewards disappear with account closure. 

OP mentioned rewards and credits 

Why?

• Never hurts to ask
  • Are you a Moderator?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@graham-stewart As you are learning that is a no go.

Your only option to retain the rewards and at least one of your numbers is to port out your wife's number then port it back into yours. 

OR swap numbers with her; she keeps your account/number and you get a new carrier with new number (could be hers if you port it out to the new carrier).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@graham-stewart 

It is not just PM.

No provider in Canada will do number swap between accounts within a provider.  If you find a provider who will swap numbers, let use know.

@geopublic wrote:

@graham-stewart wrote:

Hey Guys,

One of my phones i need to move away from public mobile as I need to be able to raom internationally on it. I would like to port one number away and then move the other number on to the ported account as I have more loyalty discounts on that one. If this possible and if so how? When I checked eligability to move the number if said error and contact support.

Thanks,

Graham

@graham-stewart  Not possible as porting number between PM accounts is forbidden. Also, please note that when you port out a number your PM will automatically be terminated once the port is complete.

Your best bet is to submit a ticket to PM and ask (nicely) if it's possible to move your rewards and credits from one account to another and hope for the best.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Why are you recommending contacting the moderators to discuss movement of rewards which are account specific?  The community can answer this question.  It cannot be done.  All rewards associated with an account stays with the account.  If the account closes, rewards disappear with account closure. 

mimmo

@geopublic mods will not transfer referrals from one account to another.   There is no need to contact a mod for this.

mimmo

It is not possible. You can either keep the number or account. And you can't port on to pm

Your hail Mary move with no guarentees and it is not what I reccomend nor suggest.

Port account b to a new provider then port that account into account A. This keeps your rewards and sends your account a number back into the number pool.

Then contact the company that initially provided you with the number and see if they can give it back to you. Maybe do this first before starting the process.

Unless your rewards are high, not sure if it is worth the risk or time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@graham-stewart wrote:

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Graham

@graham-stewart  Not possible as porting number between PM accounts is forbidden. Also, please note that when you port out a number your PM will automatically be terminated once the port is complete.

Your best bet is to submit a ticket to PM and ask (nicely) if it's possible to move (donate) your rewards and credits from one account to another and hope for the best.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@graham-stewart Please let us know the outcome so that we can advise other customers with similar requests in the future.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

This is not possible. I wanted to do something similar and switch a number I have on Koodo to my PM account and my PM number to Koodo account and it was not possible.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@graham-stewart wrote:

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Graham

Unfortunately, PM doesn't allow for transfer of numbers between two PM accounts as mentioned.  You could port out the number with the least amount of discounts if you prefer?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@graham-stewart wrote:

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Graham

This is not possible.  Once you port out your first number your account closes.  If it was even possible once you tried to port your number you want to remain on PM to your account with more referrals you would lose that number as it gets released.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GR
Mayor / Maire

@graham-stewart im pretty sure that's not possible because when you port out a number it closes the account and then you'd have to open anew account with a new Sim card to port in the other number you'd like 

Need Help? Let's chat.