cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer old phone number from Koodo

Alley2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I guess I need help to transfer my old phone number from Koodo to my new Public Mobile account

7 REPLIES 7

vadim1836

I did exact same thing last year, from Koodo postpaid to Public.

First, you'd need to set up your account online and activate your Public SIM with a new number. Then, there is an option in the Self-Serve to switch (port) your Koodo number to your new Public SIM. Search for a more detailed guide on the forum.Good luck!

blackmatcha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred from Fido and successfully ported to Public Mobile few hours ago.

Make sure your account is active. In my case FIDO.

You need a sim from Public Mobile and have it activated first with new number and Top up with plan. You will see two options: New Number or Transfer number from your old provider. DO NOT TRY PORTING IT BY YOURSELF.

after that if your new number from public mobile is working (try calling or message to see if it works) chat SIMON automated chatbox link below and wait for his replies:

1) type port request

2.) TRANSFER MY NUMBER AFTER ACTIVATION option

3) Contact a moderator

4) Submit a ticket. Click me!

5) log in your community account in Public mobile - you need new account for this. Its not connected to your main account for Public mobile when you registered your sim card

6) select issue category: go to OTHER not the activation unsuccessful

7) select SOMETHING ELSE option

8.) type PORT REQUEST in the box for details

9) verify by My account or by PIN (your choice)

10) after verify Submit Ticket

Link for SIMON automated chat box: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

wait for the moderator reply for the ticket. It will take like one day before they reply in my case. Then they will ask you for details about your old provider.

you can ask me for more info 🙂

@Alley2 wrote:

I tried that chatbot and it was totally confusing - is there another alternative?  I am new to Public Mobile and I just want to transfer my old Koodo number.

@Alley2 hi if you click on the ? bottom right corner  ask Simon the bot  to speak to a human this will generate a ticket to speak to a moderator type port request

@Alley2 wrote:

I tried that chatbot and it was totally confusing - is there another alternative?  I am new to Public Mobile and I just want to transfer my old Koodo number.

Here is a link giving 2 options to reach a moderator for assistance:

(Choose the 2nd option)
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Alley2

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Alley2 wrote:

I guess I need help to transfer my old phone number from Koodo to my new Public Mobile account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.