cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topped up plan but still no service 24 hours later

violetpike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Topped up my plan and I still don't have service 24 hours later.  I topped up the plan while travelling in the US fully expecting that my plan would work when I came back to Canada.  I still have no service.  I've rebooted phone, reseated the SIM as I thought maybe I put it in backwards somehow.  I've looked at the mobile settings but I don't see anything out of the ordinary.  Need Help.  

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Missytissy wrote:

Replaced my sim as that is what I was told to do because nothing else worked. Restored service but now I have no data. I am almost sure I am done with public mobile. I am beyond frustrated at this point.

The moderator wait time is shorter according to one subscriber's post.  Send a private message to moderator for help.  Good luck getting your data working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Missytissy wrote:

Mine was active. I checked 3 times and added the 1$. Still didn’t work.

Did an OS update possibly happen on your phone?

What kind of phone is it?

Missytissy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine was active. I checked 3 times and added the 1$. Still didn’t work.

Missytissy

Replaced my sim as that is what I was told to do because nothing else worked. Restored service but now I have no data. I am almost sure I am done with public mobile. I am beyond frustrated at this point.

JoeFrankRoy

Try the suggestion provided by @Dunkman to use the lost/stolen trick, or add $1 to your account and see if it restores your service

@Missytissy@violetpike

are your account status active or suspended?  

Might want to try the add $1 manually trick also.  

Manually add $1 into your balance.  

These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Missytissy

I am having the same issue. It says you do not have a long distance add on but my self serve shows active. I cannot do anything. I did the lost phone twice and still nothing.

violetpike

Sorry for lack of information.  Plan expired while I was in the US, so I let my plan expire(normally what I do) and added money to pay plan when I was travelling back to Canada.  I typically don't have any issues with activation after I re-up my plan after expiration.  I wasn't using my PM sim while I was in the US as I purchased a US sim for there.  

* Tried reporting phone stolen trick with no luck.  

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@violetpike wrote:

Topped up my plan and I still don't have service 24 hours later.  I topped up the plan while travelling in the US fully expecting that my plan would work when I came back to Canada.  I still have no service.  I've rebooted phone, reseated the SIM as I thought maybe I put it in backwards somehow.  I've looked at the mobile settings but I don't see anything out of the ordinary.  Need Help.  

You "topped off your plan"- ? What does that even mean? Your account was suspended due to non payment so you made a payment hoping it would re-activate? Or do you mean you added renewal funds to your account that was active for next renewal? Or did you click "make a manual payment" for some random amount of money?

Or does "topping off your plan" mean buying more minutes? more data? add-ons? Did you let your plan expire while in U.S.A? Were you using the phone is USA? Did you buy US Add ons? Is your plan currently active?

Does "top off" mean "topping off funds to the account"?

Please explain more, post a screen shot of account history and self serve plan status so we can guide you with the correct action

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to hear about that @violetpike

There are some things to try suggested by @popping in another thread.

Using your Self-Serve Account when you log in.

Is your account status Active?

If yes, you can perform the lost/stolen phone maneuver to provision all services in your plan.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If trying some of these things doesn't get your services up and running, you should send a private message to moderator for help. The wait at the moment however has been around 48 - 72 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.