cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Topped up account, but after 24hrs+, still no service "Emergency calls only"

Hi Mods,

my account expired without my knowledge (no reminders or warnings were sent.. maybe it would be good for PM to send a text message a day or two before expiry if there isn't enough money on the account). So I topped up my account yesterday (before the 90 days were up), but I still have no service, it only says "Emergency calls only". I tried restarting the phone (both a reboot, and a turn off and on), and doing manual network search (it could only see "EXT 2G"), but nothing works. Not sure what to do now. 

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Topped up account, but after 24hrs+, still no service "Emergency calls only"

@insaner wrote:

Hi Mods,

my account expired without my knowledge (no reminders or warnings were sent.. maybe it would be good for PM to send a text message a day or two before expiry if there isn't enough money on the account). So I topped up my account yesterday (before the 90 days were up), but I still have no service, it only says "Emergency calls only". I tried restarting the phone (both a reboot, and a turn off and on), and doing manual network search (it could only see "EXT 2G"), but nothing works. Not sure what to do now. 

Thanks in advance.

You are not talking to mods here, only other customers.  Try setting your phone in self-serve account as lost+stolen and then reactivate as your phone was found. That might reset your account.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Topped up account, but after 24hrs+, still no service "Emergency calls only"

If you are addressing the Moderators you may want to contact them directly at this link to get their attention on your issue so it can be resolved in a timely manner.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@insaner wrote:

Hi Mods,

Thanks in advance.

Could you check the availability of your phone here..willmyphonework.net? Is your phone unlocked?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@insaner  PM does send texts warning you that your renewal date is approaching so I'm not sure why you didn't get it  PM does not support 2G so make sure you select 3G/LTE on your phone.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@insaner 

You might want to try

1. Lost/stolen phone trick as described above

2. Manually loading $1 into your account

These tricks seem to reset your plan or SIM card.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator, but expect 1-2 day response time.  

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@insaner Seemed you are existing customer and you have paid for 90 days services before. Your service is stopped before the expiry date of your plan and you have already topped up the fund into your account. I suggest that you contact the moderator by click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" and explain your situation. There is nothing we can do as community. 

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I have reached out to the mods, and have heard back from them. Now I'm just waiting for them to resolve. Thank you all!

I will update the thread to let you know if there are some simple steps that can be followed for anyone else having the same problem!

Highlighted

Oh, I also wanted to add that I checked again, and no, I did not receive a heads up text telling me my account was about to expire, or had expired (run out of funds).

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@insaner wrote:

Oh, I also wanted to add that I checked again, and no, I did not receive a heads up text telling me my account was about to expire, or had expired (run out of funds).

The only "heads up" that I know of is the payment due soon. Check your texts/conversations from 611. Maybe you've blocked them.

Need Help? Let's chat.