cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up before billing cycle ends

combobreakerhd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.. I have 200mb left in my data, my billing cycle is in 3 days. I will run out of data tonight. 

My plan is $50. So I just loaded $57 on to my account, all good.

When I run out of data, will it auto-renew my plan? Or will it just charge me overage data at a rate (which I don't want).

I don't see any option to renew my plan prematurely. Thanks for the help! 

11 REPLIES 11

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@combobreakerhd,

Wow, you sure go through a lot of bandwidth. If this is the second time in as many months where you had to upgrade to get more data, can you not do this instead:

1. Use wi-fi or free wi-fi hotspots (Shaw and Telus always have free hotspots everywhere). That's the first thing I do before switching on my data.
  2. If you are not using the internet, can you not turn off the data to prevent it from working in the background. Slowly but surely, the data is being chewed up there.
  3. You already received the Holiday bonus of data. Have you thought of getting the one gig add-on for $15? What you don't use will be carried over to the next month until it's all used up?
  4. The last resort, is Public Mobile right for you? Without looking past Telus and Rogers, Telus does have a 20gig plan for $75. It's a bit steep for my taste, but I guess there might be better plans on the table if you look, such as Rogers, who has a plan at $75 for unlimited data.

I love Public Mobile for its money-savings and loyalty rewards, but that is one thing that I guess they could improve on by having a bigger data plan for users like you. It is worth it if you only need the extra gig per month. It wouldn't be worth it if you keep getting the add-on for 2gig or more each month. 

@combobreakerhd  no can't tag moderators. you have to open a ticket.

If you click the chat bubble bottom right.

Type 

Human 

Click account specific 

Click no I need a human now 

Click here to submit a ticket.

Log in with your community user name first ( the end will ask for your self serve login) but first it is community username and password..

Then on the drop down of other which it should bring you to right away... you'll see early renewal request.

Screenshot_20201215_204028.jpg

  

Follow the steps to open a ticket for moderators to renew your plan early.

Happy Holidays!

combobreakerhd

Ah ok thank you JB, you understand completely. 

So yes I've used up my 2gb add on. And yes as you describe it, I'll need a moderator to activate the same plan earlier than my billing date which is the 17th.

Any chance you can tag a mod? 

@combobreakerhd 

Once you use the 200mb left then your data add-on will kick in (if you still have data on tha if you used it all it would have disappeared and no longer display. )...then when your plan renews your plan data will be back and be used first while your holiday add-on will go in back ground till next time it needs to be used.

To renew same plan early. Only moderators can do it...to change to a lower or higher plan you can do that in self serve.

@combobreakerhd 

You cannot renew the same plan early yourself. You need to contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

combobreakerhd

Ok thanks all!

Yes I did pick up the 2gb holiday offer, thanks Public Mobile! 

So basically when I run out of data, my plan will be done and won't automatically charge overage. Perfect. 

When that happens, in my control panel there will be an option to renew this plan? Which would pull my billing date to today (which is fine).

I don't want to change plans though, and I do not want to lose my 2gb add on. So going through the "change plan", I'd be selecting the same plan.

This actually happened to me last month, whereby I did add funds to my account and change to a higher tier plan. But this time around I want the same plan (and keep the 2gb).

I'll post if things don't go as intended.. Thanks for all the help. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@combobreakerhd wrote:

Hello.. I have 200mb left in my data, my billing cycle is in 3 days. I will run out of data tonight. 

When I run out of data, will it auto-renew my plan? Or will it just charge me overage data at a rate (which I don't want).

Your plan will not auto renew when you run out of data. You will not be charged for overages because this is prepaid. When your next cycle starts you will be give your data again.

You can buy a data add on for the time being. Any unused data from the add on will roll over until consumed. If you want to renew your same plan early, because you are only a few days out, contact a moderator via chat bubble in lower right hand corner.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No it will not renew automatically only on renewal date.

No it will not charge overages PM is prepaid never overcharges.

Have you collected the free holiday gifts? 2 gigs free and 500 minutes? If not log into your account and click purchase add-ons. You'll see both for free. Buy them and your data issue is covered 🙂.

You can also contact moderators to renew your plan early. 

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@combobreakerhd : Did you pick up the 2 free gigs gift? Or you could buy add-ons. Or you could change immediately to a different plan. Or you could contact the moderators to renew early.

@combobreakerhd wrote:

Adding money does not automatically force a plan renewal. When you run out of data, that part of the service will stop working. I would suggest performing an immediately plan change (edit: if changing to a different plan). Normally, people would want to pre-schedule the change for the next renewal date, but in this case, having the change take effect immedaitely sounds to be what you want.  Please note that you will lose any time remaining and and usage remaining from your original plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@combobreakerhd wrote:

No overeages here...your data will just stop when you run out. When your current plan renews the data starts up again.

Need Help? Let's chat.