cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for a Public Mobile app?

throwinbombs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Who thinks it is time for a Public Mobile phone app for Android and IOS?

I am lazy and an app on my phone to check my data and minutes status would be awesome!

Anyone with me on this?!

10 REPLIES 10

@bskinner I very much doubt that Public Mobile having a self serve app would gain even a single new customer, or at least, extremely few. That's not something that people usually ask about when deciding whether or not to sign up 

bskinner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

definitely needs an app i think they will get more customers this way

@mh1983 wrote:

@throwinbombs wrote:

Hi all,

I am lazy and an app on my phone to check my data and minutes status would be awesome!

Anyone with me on this?!

Nah. How is it that much more convenient that just checking the website (lightweight site, so it loads fine on mobile). As someone else suggested, just make a shortcut to the site on your phone's home screen.

That's really all these self serve apps are. It's pretty much a web browser with only the capability of going one specific website. I also see no advantage to that.

Koodo use to have a self serve app but it was discontinued. Therefore, I don't expect a Public Mobile app to be released.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@throwinbombs wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone with me on this?!

Nah. How is it that much more convenient that just checking the website (lightweight site, so it loads fine on mobile). As someone else suggested, just make a shortcut to the site on your phone's home screen.

since this is a third tier company 

Other third tier providers offer an App so I don't think that is why.

Is there not a data counter on your phone as part of the manufacturers software?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@throwinbombs it doesn't look like it's coming soon... in the meantime you can add a shortcut to the webpage on your homescreen

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@throwinbombs  Creating an app costs money and my guess is that Public's development team 😎 is currently hard at work trying to knock off items on the "bug" list. So I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Edit: Using you device's data counter and dialing 611 covers most of it anyway so not really needed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is an unofficial Android app to track data called Data Witness made by a PM user.  It is available in the Google Play store.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@throwinbombs hi it has been asked for many times it would be nice but probably won't happen since this is a third tier company 

@throwinbombs wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone with me on this?!

Need Help? Let's chat.