cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text no talk

mayavolpi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my SIM card from an Android phone to an iPhone 4, model # ME296C/A. I have the $10 plan and it is active. There are talk minutes remaining on the plan for this month. I am able to send and receive texts. I am not able to make or receive calls. Whjen I try to make calls I get a message saying that I don't have a long-distance add on and the call is not included in the plan. The phone I am calling from has a Toronto number. The phone I am calling to is also a Toronto number. Help!

13 REPLIES 13

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@mayavolpi wrote:

I transferred my SIM card from an Android phone to an iPhone 4, model # ME296C/A. I have the $10 plan and it is active. There are talk minutes remaining on the plan for this month. I am able to send and receive texts. I am not able to make or receive calls. Whjen I try to make calls I get a message saying that I don't have a long-distance add on and the call is not included in the plan. The phone I am calling from has a Toronto number. The phone I am calling to is also a Toronto number. Help!

Try dial 1 area code phone number or dial +1 area code phone number

For Instance: 1 (123) 456-7890 or +1(123)456-7890

@GinYVR No, there's no mention as to what Android phone the OP has.  I have 3 androids on my desk right now, with 2 different connections.  1 micro USB, and 2 USB-C.  These are not 'universal'  Stop your fake news.

@stonechuckerIn this context, I am telling @mayavolpi her phone's charger is universal, ie not limited by brand eg Nokia used to have their bullet shape charger, Sony Ericsson has their clips.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mayavolpi wrote:

@mayavolpi  Try dialing the number directly instead of using the contacts does it work? What happens when you dial 611?

@GinYVR, firstly, not all Android chargers are universal.  Many are micro USB, some are USB-C, and I've still got a mini USB device at home that works.  Please check your facts.

@mayavolpi, are you sure you have minutes left?  The $10 plan only has 50 minute total, and you might need to add LD minutes to continue.  There are no addon text units.

Finally, are you sure you're dialling the number correctly?  A misdialled number will give the same message.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hi since you tried all that make sure your call forwarding is not enabled also did you put your number in apple settings also have you updated?

Sounds like you need to contact the Moderators to figure things out. Be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for a reply.

mayavolpi

@GinYVR wrote:

@mayavolpiAndroid phone chargers are universal.. it will be extremely helpful if you can narrow down whether it is your phone's problem or Public Mobile. or you can just borrow your friend's phone.

Yes Did you try Erase all with the SIM card in your iPhone 4.. Because once it is erased iPhone 4 will need to get all the network information again. It is to narrow down where is the problem.

I did "erase all settings". I am still not bale to make calls. The SIM card was wokring fine in the previous phone. The network shows as " Public Mobile LTE" with two bars on the iPhone. I am able to send and receive texts. 

@mayavolpiAndroid phone chargers are universal.. it will be extremely helpful if you can narrow down whether it is your phone's problem or Public Mobile. or you can just borrow your friend's phone, swap the sim card and make a call.

Yes Did you try Erase all with the SIM card in your iPhone 4.. Because once it is erased iPhone 4 will need to get all the network information again. It is to narrow down where is the problem.

Also BTW ME296C/A seems to indicate it is an iPhone 5s not an iPhone 4.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mayavolpi wrote:

@mayavolpi  Might be worthwhile trying the soft reset account trick vial the Lost/Stolen selfserve option. 

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

mayavolpi

Do I try "erase, reset all" with the SIM card in the slot? The android phone charger is broken (the reason I changed the SIM card), so I can't test it. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mayavolpiDoes the problem persists if you switch your SIM back to your Android? Also did you try Reset -> Erase all on the iPhone 4?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I don't think the 4 is compatible with PM now. Kinda outdated.

Need Help? Let's chat.