cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary service suspension - is there such option?

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a quick question. Once in a while, I have to leave Canada for work and family matters, potentially at some point for several months. Of course I would like to keep my phone number active (it is my main number that I've used for many years and just moved to Public Mobile), but I would not be using it during the time I am away, thus there would be no point in having an active plan/service until I am back in Canada.

I could not find an option in the self-serve for temporarily disabling service. Is there any way to do that, or would I have to let my service expire without paying for the next month (as suggested in a pinned thread from last year), and then activating the cheapest plan before the 90 days run out (after which otherwise apparently my number would get deleted) for a month again to reset the 90 day counter? While this is what I did at my previous carrier (they had a longer allowed period of inactivity than 90 days though), I would hope that there is a better option by now. But is there?

5 REPLIES 5

krishna_yrr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much for the quick response, will do.

I dont want to port out to different provider at this time, but thanks for the advice.

@krishna_yrr, yes, turn off autopay by removing the credit card info.

If you wish to port out, do so before your plan is expired.

krishna_yrr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do we let the plan expire, should we remove the autopay?

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bummer, but thanks for the answer!

Sorry, but there is no such option.  The only thing you can do is let a plan expire and reactivate within 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.