cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System generated text message from PayPal is being blocked by PM

jege41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PayPal is trying to send me a code but it is being blocked by PM due to " system generated text message error" how do I unblock messages from Pay Pal?

9 REPLIES 9

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can select the option for PayPal to call you with the code instead, when text fails.

Another option is for you to call PayPal customer service and have them push the system to call you after you hang-up with them.

Be sure to be sittig front of your computer when you get this call, as the phone call/code is only good for something like 2 - 3 minutes (if I remember).

@jege41Yes you didn't receive paypal authenticating messages and suspect public mobile is filtering it some how.. and what I told you is to avoid the SMS route to get autheticated.. (which will also get around your initial problem) especially there are more secure routes.

and worse now nefarious people know jege41 user name uses SMS to authenticate paypal. The problem with the internet is it makes it too easy for people to inference a lot of information.

Stay safe.

jege41

Not sure what being SIM hijacked has to do with my issue, did you actually read my post.

@GinYVR wrote:

@jege41Just note there has been quite a few people on this support site reported being SIM jacked as recently as yesterday.. I would recommend using Google Authenticator or Authy instead of using your phone as an authenticator.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jege41Just note there has been quite a few people on this support site reported being SIM jacked as recently as yesterday.. I would recommend using Google Authenticator or Authy instead of using your phone as an authenticator.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I get that you want to get it working, but there is another workaround that doesn't require you to change texting apps. PayPal has two methods of 2FA, the first is text message, but the second is a secure token. It works just like any authenticator app (eg. Google) but uses a Symantex platform. Install Symantec VIP and the app will have a 12 (or 16?) character identification code and you enter that into your  PayPal security settings and you have the option to log in using the code instead SMS for verification. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jege41 wrote:

PayPal is trying to send me a code but it is being blocked by PM due to " system generated text message error" how do I unblock messages from Pay Pal?

@jege41  I'm getting them without any issues. What kond of phone do you have? Maybe reverify your number with PP.

@jege41 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion in regards to the app but I would prefer a solution to the issue.

@TheOldVR wrote:

You  may want to message a Moderator directly if you are receiving text messages from others without issue.

I recall another recent post with a similar issue, not sure what the resolution was for that but you can use a free texting app like TextNOW as a temporary solution in case you are in a bind.

Good luck!!

But it was already discuss in this community...and no solution find. You can ask the moderator to have a look for that but no guarantee....here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. Be patient waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

jege41

Thanks for the suggestion in regards to the app but I would prefer a solution to the issue.

@TheOldVR wrote:

You  may want to message a Moderator directly if you are receiving text messages from others without issue.

I recall another recent post with a similar issue, not sure what the resolution was for that but you can use a free texting app like TextNOW as a temporary solution in case you are in a bind.

Good luck!!

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good luck!!

Need Help? Let's chat.