cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching number to a new sim

claimsgirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband lost his phone, he as been a customer for over 10 years.

He purchased a new phone and a sim card. He need to activate the sim and import hisnumber but unable to sign in to my account. In trying to reset password, I imput answer but says incorrect. Needto talk with someone so he can have his phone working. He's missing out on vital phone calls.

Thanks for helping

7 REPLIES 7

I've found that Self-Serve gets glitchy when you use the same computer/phone to login to different accounts.

Clear browser cache/cookies. Use "secret" or "incognito" mode. Or just use a different browser for each. (I use Waterfox on my computer, Brave on my phone, Opera or Epiphany when I need to do things like Self-Serve on "other" accounts. Most Win10 users will have Chrome or Firefox installed and Microsoft Edge always available as an undesired "secondary" browser.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541 did you move this thread?

possibly 😉

He "possibly" moved the voucher one a short while ago too. Typing away...RED BOX of death. Sigh. Copy. Exit. Re-do. Although that one actually showed up somehow

@computergeek541  it's ok 👍 😤🤬😂

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541 did you move this thread?

possibly 😉

@computergeek541 did you move this thread? Got that red screen again. Really a pain in the lol

@claimsgirl 

Don't activate sim card.

Gain access back to the original account. Follow @JoyLuck  instructions how to contact mods.

Then to continue with @Anonymous  instructions. Green arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@claimsgirl wrote:

He purchased a new phone and a sim card. He need to activate the sim and import hisnumber but unable to sign in to my account. In trying to reset password, I imput answer but says incorrect. Needto talk with someone so he can have his phone working. He's missing out on vital phone calls.

Thanks for helping

Contact moderators for assistance if you continue to have problems logging into your (edit) husband’s account.

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claimsgirl wrote:

Thanks for helping

All he needs to do is log into his account and use the Change SIM function. Type in the new SIM # and everything'll be there.

Using his email address of the account, he can use the Forgot your password? link to reset his password.

Need Help? Let's chat.