cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Phones on Existing Account

TechFreakDad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an old iPhone (was Telus) activated and been using for months with no issues.

I want to replace the handset with a newer unlocked iphone. Is it as simple as popping out the SIM card and off I go? Or, is there more to it? I want the transition to go seamless without any issues!!

Thanks PM you ROCK!!!!

5 REPLIES 5

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Just for reference, the following is a guide on how to set up APN if it isn't automatic:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/td-p/1610

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

for older iphone, it may set automatically , it may not. Setting the APN is easy but always nice when the phone does it for you.  🙂

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I have the iPhone 7 and everything was automatic. I'm assuming it should be the same for the older iPhones as well.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes as long as frequencies are compatible, you can pop in the sim and you are good to go.  Some phones automatically set the APN setting, but you might have to do that manually.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you can pop the sim into any unlocked phone or telus/kood phone with out issues.  th eonly thing you will need to adjust is the apn settings inorder to use data and send mms.

Need Help? Let's chat.