cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched providers, trying to get refund

almo89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched providers today and it happened to be the beginning on my billing cycle with Public Mobile. How do I get a refund with Public mobile?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@almo89 

It is too late to ask after the you switched.

As soon as you ported your number to another provider, your account will be closed.

Did you reply YES to PM text message to confirm your porting your phone number to another provider?

If no, you number had not released to your new provider yet.  This means that your PM account was not canceled yet.  I suggested that your cancel the activation from your new provider and stay with PM for 1 more cycle. 

There will be more mobile deals during the boxing week promo.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @almo89 

I would certainly seek an exception with Public Mobile, especially if you may have switched to a TELUS provider  (TELUS or KOODO)

Keeping your service within the TELUS group may signal a loyalty they may recognize and reward you with the ability to refund the payment, or perhaps transfer it to your other TELUS branded service.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@almo89 wrote:

I just switched providers today and it happened to be the beginning on my billing cycle with Public Mobile. How do I get a refund with Public mobile?

ooo, sorry. No refunds on prepaid services. 

Is the new provider Koodo or Telus (Public Mobile's parent/sister companies)? 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

1. @almo89 wrote:

This is a prepaid service. There are no refunds. You will have to contact a moderator and ask if they will allow any in your case.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

2C0E4BAA-4D6B-4B1B-9428-5D8DB9806448.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.