cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend service for a few weeks.

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

oh Hai! First off. thank you so much for the bravo's. I feel like a Superstar!

So my phone needs to be replaced. Is there a timeframe for self-suspension so I don't lose my number? Or should I just keep the plan active when w/o a phone for two weeks?

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. (always wanted to be a Youtube Superstar!)

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

@mpcdesign 

Lol.....how did we survive before the proliferation of cell phones?

millepronet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can stop the paiement for 3 months maximum

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rusty 

The is really no benefit in it unless you are about to renew. You already paid for 30 days and the clock doesn't stop/pause ticking for 30 days. You are better off digging out an old phone from your basement and using the service that you already paid for. If you are about to renew, then it's different issue, you can delay your next cycle by couple of weeks and not pay for service you will not be using.

That's the thing about prepaid services

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Rusty, does your phone still work? If so, better to have a phone for emergency purposes until you get the new phone? One never knows when you need it. Hate to see you on a dark road to the city, with no street lights, and putt, putt, putt, you run of gas in your car. A gust of wind swooshes by, no, it's a tornado, a hurricane, oh my Gawd, it's a giant lizard, but wait....I have my cell phone with me, I can make that one last call.....

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Rusty 

yeah the time frame is 90 days. after that you lose your account and number and you qill have to reactivate. You can get a new ohine and just insert the sim from your old phone and you will be good to go. 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rusty 

You rewards will continue after suspension.

But your loyalty reward will be delayed the same number of suspended days.

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok thanks, and when I unsuspend, my community rewards, RAF, etc. all get re-instated?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rusty , take a look at the next renewal date for your account.  If you are not renewing in the next 14 days, there will be zero savings.  Account suspension does not stop the current cycle from completing.  It will only defer renewal if you keep the account suspended past the renewal date.  An account can stay suspended for 90 days after which it is deactivated and cannot be brought back to life.  One other thing about account suspension, any rewards you would have earned on the renewal will not be paid out.  This is possibly another incentive to not suspend the account for such a short period of time.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rusty  up to 90 days. If there's no credit balance on the account, remove the autopay credit card. If you have enough money in credit to pay for the account, enable lost/stolen. In both cases, you have to reactivate the suspended account yourself.  Just re-adding your credit card will not do it. Reactivate your account around the 87th day. If you removed your credit card. 

1. Go here to add it back

Make a patment.png

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

2. Once finished . You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks

Stay safe. 

@Rusty 

You could time your absence of a phone for your renewal and suspend your plan by removing autopay or use the lost/stolen feature. When you get a replacement phone you unsuspend and start a new cycle thus saving yourself paying for those two weeks. This only works at renewal not during a paid 30 day cycle.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rusty When is your billing cycle? If you just activated or you payed for the month then that whole 2 weeks would be already payed for. If your billing cycle ends soon then yes you can suspend your account up to 89 days.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Rusty Hello you have up to 90 days after suspension before your account gets close permanently until the time you can re-open anytime if you like and still keep your number

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rusty wrote:

oh Hai! First off. thank you so much for the bravo's. I feel like a Superstar!

So my phone needs to be replaced. Is there a timeframe for self-suspension so I don't lose my number? Or should I just keep the plan active when w/o a phone for two weeks?

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. (always wanted to be a Youtube Superstar!)

Thanks.

Your plan can go into suspension for no more than 89 days...at day 90, it's gone for good.

Need Help? Let's chat.