cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend Service Lost/Stolen Phone Clarification

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know if its in a suspended state for 90+ days the account is deleted.

Is "suspended" due to lost phone different than suspended due to non payment?

If I suspended my service in self serve for lost/stolen phone... Does the clock keep ticking on my plan or for every day I keep it suspended does my renewal date move ahead?

If I purchased a 10-day add on does that pause?

What happens if the community rewards are applied during that time do I miss out on them?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Pays/m-p/398#M2

"Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status"

If it's suspended for more than 60 days per year I no longer accumulate into the loyalty reward?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Pays/m-p/398#M2

" If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended."

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Etoile42  having not created a selfserve account you need to contact moderator_team with as much info as possible about your sim, ie when activated, what plan anything you can think of to help verify you are the owner.

Even some numbers you called or received from. 

Etoile42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Moderator_Team

My phone was stolen and I have not yet set up an online account. How do I go about suspending my service?

Dunkgirl

@will13am wrote:

@srlawrenwrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Dunkgirl, I don't think @will13am answered this question.  To the best of my knowledge, you need to have an active account in order to use an add-on.  Whether or not the system would let you actually *purchase* one regardless, I can't say for sure, but I'd bet based on how unsophisticated it seems to be that it would let you buy one.  But as add-ons are completely separate from plan cycles, I'm willing to bet a good sum of money that even if it let you buy one while suspended, it would do nothing to the 90-day countdown. 

Sorry, I overlooked mentioning something about the add-on.  When the account is in lockdown by the lost phone feature, everything is locked down . The phone can't be lost for regular service but available for add-on use.  This goes without saying.  

I am sorry, I worded that wrong. I actually thought @will13am did answer the question. I meant if I had already purchased the add on and there was <10 days left and I marked my phone as lost or stolen in the middle of the 10 day period would the remaining time pause on the add-on. Sometimes one sentence can be taken two ways I was not clear enough.

@will13am wrote:

The existing paid duration counts down just the same. 

I took that as not only the time left in the plan for renewal but also the 10 day clock on the add-ons.

But @srlawren thanks thats even more good information

@srlawren wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Dunkgirl, I don't think @will13am answered this question.  To the best of my knowledge, you need to have an active account in order to use an add-on.  Whether or not the system would let you actually *purchase* one regardless, I can't say for sure, but I'd bet based on how unsophisticated it seems to be that it would let you buy one.  But as add-ons are completely separate from plan cycles, I'm willing to bet a good sum of money that even if it let you buy one while suspended, it would do nothing to the 90-day countdown. 

Sorry, I overlooked mentioning something about the add-on.  When the account is in lockdown by the lost phone feature, everything is locked down . The phone can't be lost for regular service but available for add-on use.  This goes without saying.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkgirl wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dunkgirl

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkgirl, from what I can tell invoking the lost/stolen phone feature doesn't stop the clock from ticking.  The existing paid duration counts down just the same.  There is no date change on the renewal when this feature is invoked.  The renewal just won't take place when that day comes.  With respect to rewards, the behavior is as if the account is in suspension immediately.  The referring party loses the referral and the account loses eligibility to accumulate rewards.  Overall, this feature has limited use outside of actually having a lost/stolen phone.  I would expect only those who have account funds but want to suspend a renewal would be using it.  It is best to invoke it a day or two ahead of renewal, otherwise you are penalizing yourself.  You get to pay for the service and have the use suspended. 

That is explained well and gives me a good understanding of how it works. Thank you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dunkgirl, from what I can tell invoking the lost/stolen phone feature doesn't stop the clock from ticking.  The existing paid duration counts down just the same.  There is no date change on the renewal when this feature is invoked.  The renewal just won't take place when that day comes.  With respect to rewards, the behavior is as if the account is in suspension immediately.  The referring party loses the referral and the account loses eligibility to accumulate rewards.  Overall, this feature has limited use outside of actually having a lost/stolen phone.  I would expect only those who have account funds but want to suspend a renewal would be using it.  It is best to invoke it a day or two ahead of renewal, otherwise you are penalizing yourself.  You get to pay for the service and have the use suspended. 

Need Help? Let's chat.