cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriptions & Notifications

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

I can’t seem to locate an option in the Subscriptions & Notifications where I wish to be notified through an email when a PM service is affected across board for all users. Some examples below:

1. Self-serve service down on certain days for maintenance
  2. A particular problem like Rewards not applied
  3. Availability of Moderators during holidays etc.
  4. Essentially anything technical that will affect all users — say an area code that cannot be dialed temporarily

Yet, I don’t wish emails for promotions, plans etc. Does such an option exist: if not, shouldn’t we have one.

Best wishes for the PM community 

7 REPLIES 7

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Notifications are posted in the announcement section on the community page, left column. They're not emailed.

Actually, though this forum does not send email notifications to forum areas, you CAN get email notifications with the instructions here:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Notifications are posted in the announcement section on the community page, left column. They're not emailed.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

Hi,

I can’t seem to locate an option in the Subscriptions & Notifications where I wish to be notified through an email when a PM service is affected across board for all users. Some examples below:

1. Self-serve service down on certain days for maintenance
  2. A particular problem like Rewards not applied
  3. Availability of Moderators during holidays etc.
  4. Essentially anything technical that will affect all users — say an area code that cannot be dialed temporarily

Yet, I don’t wish emails for promotions, plans etc. Does such an option exist: if not, shouldn’t we have one.

Best wishes for the PM community 

Unfortunately PM does NOT provide a way to be notified by email for anything, except promos. For all else, you have to search the forum announcements or elsewhere to stay informed. 

That said, the best available alternative is to refer to the link provided by @totalUser which WILL give you email notifications for any areas in this forum. I advise to use this for at least the Announcements area where many (but not all) of the issues you list are posted.

It is super easy to set up and does not rely on configuring RSS feeds and readers to implement, so no additional technology or steps.

P.S. If you really want to use RSS feeds instead, there is also a link within that posting to show you how to set it up.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks, @popping. Interesting that I use a RSS feed too in my Inoreader for the PM posts though haven't tried the RSS-to-Email yet. I could perhaps do that but it's a longway round yet falling short of strict threshold I desire. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sa7375 

I use third party service called blogtrottr.com to send me email when there is new post or update at the announcement forum.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I don't think is there is any option for email notifications.  All notifications would be sent by text.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I haven't seen anything like that either

There is info out there how to subscribe to rss feeds for the topics your are interested in, couple of users posted it

Actually I saw the opposite of what you are looking for, where you subscribe for promotions:)

I'll try to find those rrss instructions and paste it here

Found this, courtesy of @pm-smayer97 

Need Help? Let's chat.