cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange message when changing plans

Condor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to change from a $30 to $25 plan, I get the message (see below): "

This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds.
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change."

I don't see why I need to make a payment, as the new plan costs less?

Public Mobile.png

11 REPLIES 11

Condor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for your help! After reading everyone's responses on immediate changing my plan, and going back to self-service, I can see they have the below button (it is clearly there, but I think moving it higher and making it larger would help).

Public Change on Renewal.png

@Condor, for example, if I only have $2 in my account, I would get a warning message such as the one you have. Be advised, this screenshot has been Photoshop just to show you where the Available Funds are and maybe the error message is. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 12.38.53 PM.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Condor wrote:

Public Mobile.png

@Condor  That message is normal for immediate plan changes. It means that  you need to have the funds in your account in order for the change plan to go through and take effect.

If that is what you want to do then you need to have $25 - (whatever available fund$ currently in your account) = (The onetime $ payment that you need to make).

I saw the several promo codes, you can pick one of these ones:

LudditeNumber1

gblackmadontmesswithme

and

CannonFodderonlytheBest

@gblackma wrote:

What promotion code are they referring to? The only promtions that I have seen here all had time limits, not codes.

Some humour from the system engineers?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@gblackma wrote:

What promotion code are they referring to? The only promtions that I have seen here all had time limits, not codes.

I don't KNOW, but I suspect that box is probably there by default, in the event that there happens to be a promotion code available at the time. ISTR there being a code mentioned here fairly recently.... something like...."CNY2020", or similar.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Was sittin' here typin' up my reply, but figured I'd have a look to see if anyone ninja'd me, and not just ONE of you, but THREE of you did!!! 🤬  😉  🤣 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Condor That message refers to changing your plan immediately. If you make the plan change effective next renewal, and have autopay activated, no payment will be requested.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

In your account balance under available funds do you have enough for new plan?

VERY IMPORTANT: DON'T SELECT CHANGE NOW OR IT WILL SAY TOP UP NOW IF YOU DONT HAVE THE FUNDS TO COVER.

If you select change now. You will be charged right away, new plan will start, and no refund on your old plan.

SELECT CHANGE AT NEXT RENEWAL - This means at next payment due date you will be charged for new plan and then new plan will start

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Condor wrote:

Did you select change plan now? If you like your money you might want to do it for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.