cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped Receiving Text Messages Today

Naturediver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

After reading many messages it seems I have a problem that requires support to fix.

My phone stopped receiving texts today.  Calls and outgoing texts worked fine.

I had a US add on that expired this morning, and it looks like this caused the problem?

I have tried rebooting, removing sim and doing the lost phone/ found phone setting.

Hope you can fix at your end.

Cheers

Derek

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naturediver it will, every time you use the US Roaming Texting add-on.

If you go for a shorter trip (less than the 10 days of the add-on), try sending the moderator team a private message as soon as you return to Canada and ask them to manually remove the US Roaming Texting add-on from your account preemptively.  If they get to your request in time (before the expiry), then you can avoid the issue happening at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Naturediver

As mentioned in some of the threads, this issue resolved itself within 24 hours.

Hope it does not happen again.

Cheers

D

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Naturediver wrote:

Thanks MCS,

Hopefully support fixes this soon as we use messaging for two step verification alot.

Cheers

Derek

@Naturediver, No worries, glad it provides you with some info. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't take the full 24 hours for your texts to be restored. If my info helped, please feel free to mark it as the solution.  Good luck and happy holidays!

Naturediver

Thanks MCS,

Hopefully support fixes this soon as we use messaging for two step verification alot.

Cheers

Derek

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Naturediver wrote:

Hi,

After reading many messages it seems I have a problem that requires support to fix.

My phone stopped receiving texts today.  Calls and outgoing texts worked fine.

I had a US add on that expired this morning, and it looks like this caused the problem?

I have tried rebooting, removing sim and doing the lost phone/ found phone setting.

Hope you can fix at your end.

Cheers

Derek

@Naturediver, check out this thread from yesterday.  Apparently this is a known issue and will resolve itself shortly.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Text-not-working/m-p/304275

Need Help? Let's chat.