kovu104
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a message from PM to switch to Koodo when they know I won't be approved why

Anyway to stop these coming in. Very annoying

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Just reply with 'unsubscribe' and the SMS will stop coming.  This is the easiest way forward.

@Luddite wrote:

Don't know about Android, but if you have an iPhone those "callers" can be added to your block list.

I can share my experiences with Android.  With some earlier versions of Android Messages (if you are using that for SMS), you actually had to first receive a message to block or otherwise tell Messages to send the messages straight to the Archived folder, after which you will not receive any notification about the receipt of the message.  Some time in recent memory, there was an update to Android Meessages and it started following the Blocked Callers list.  The recent version of the app will automatically delete any such messages from blocked contacts (at least from my experience of me noticing that I know longer receive any of the plan renewal messages and such).   

Don't know about Android, but if you have an iPhone those "callers" can be added to your block list.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I never got a koodo offer messages before, but can't you not reply "unsubscribe" to not receive anymore messages?

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does the message tell you at all? Usually there's a "You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe" blurb at the end.

Need Help? Let's chat.