cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started to sign up for new account

eburden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Started to sign up for a new account and the process did not complete. 

Got to the page to enter credit card info & sign up for auto pay and then the screen wouldn't stop loading.

Now when I go to try to sign up again it says the SIM card is invalid, but I also can't sign into the account I was creating.

7 REPLIES 7

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eburden wrote:

Thanks. I have service on the phone... it will make outgoing calls but it will not receive incoming calls. Any idea?

@eburden hi if you just ported a number this is normal it can take a few hours welcome to Public

@eburden Did you port a number from another provider?

If yes , cell numbers could take a few hours 2-3 all the way to 24 depending on where you ported it from. Landlines longer.

Did you port a number? Is yes from who?

Or did you select a new number?

eburden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. I have service on the phone... it will make outgoing calls but it will not receive incoming calls. Any idea?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@eburden wrote:

Started to sign up for a new account and the process did not complete. 

Got to the page to enter credit card info & sign up for auto pay and then the screen wouldn't stop loading.

Now when I go to try to sign up again it says the SIM card is invalid, but I also can't sign into the account I was creating.

Hi @eburden ,

You could have timed out. You only have a certain amount of time to complete activation. That same message happened to me when I was taking too long.

Wait an hour and try again.

Clear your cache before you try again.

Welcome! 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section?

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incongnito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Try in an hour

Your sim will be available in 50 minutes

Don't use apartment number in your address 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@eburdencheck to see if you were charged on your card and if you were, then insert your sim in the phone and see if you have service

Need Help? Let's chat.