cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on

adamstefan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on."

This message started yesterday. I also cannot send a message. (in my account i used 12 messages out of 50) I stay in Toronto all the time. I have Canada wide plan.I have Ontario location in my account. I have topped my account with $8 what is showing in my account. I have autopay. I rebooted my phone many times. I cannot call to my phone.

I am in trouble. Need help!!

22 REPLIES 22

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jam6 wrote:

I got the same messages as I called out since a few days ago. I figured out the reason. I used up all my 50 minutes for the month.

My questions are:

1) I signed up for auto payment. Shouldn't they charge me 40 cents per minute after the 50 munites are finished? Apparently, it just stopped there probably until next cycle. 

2) I paid $5 manually to my account, hoping that they would restart the service and deduct the money while I use extra minutes. How can I start to use the phone normally in the rest of the cycle?

Thanks,

Jack

@jam6 where did you come up with a figure of 40c/min?  You msut have pulled that out of thin air?  But regardless, both of your questions are based on the assumpiton that PM offers pay-per-use or pay-as-you-go services, which it does not.  You pay up front for a certain offering of services, and get those services until they are either used up (as in your 50 mins) or expired (at the end of your 30 days) and that's it.  As @Anonymous noted, you can purchase additional minutes, or you can request the moderator team to do an early renewal for you.  If you are thinking you will routinely run out of your 50 mins, you may want to pick a plan with unlimited calling.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jam6 wrote:

I got the same messages as I called out since a few days ago. I figured out the reason. I used up all my 50 minutes for the month.

My questions are:

1) I signed up for auto payment. Shouldn't they charge me 40 cents per minute after the 50 munites are finished? Apparently, it just stopped there probably until next cycle. 

2) I paid $5 manually to my account, hoping that they would restart the service and deduct the money while I use extra minutes. How can I start to use the phone normally in the rest of the cycle?

Thanks,

Jack

Yes. It just stops. This isn't a pay as you go service. Straight pre-pay.

You can ask the moderators to do an early renewal.

Or you could buy the 200 minute "long distance" add-on. Deposit the money into this account first and then buy the add-on.

jam6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My questions are:

Thanks,

Jack

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamstefan 

The link from will13am is excellent. But you've already paid in some money so you skip that step.

So further down on your overview page you'll see a button next to My Data & Add-ons saying Purchase Add-ons. Click it.

Scroll down a little and on the left side you'll see a Talk column.

Click on the little + button next to the 200 minute item.

Scroll a little further down and click on the Buy Add-ons button underneath in the middle.

Typed all this and in the meantime he got it figured. 🙂

adamstefan

Thank you,

adamstefan

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamstefan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamstefan wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@adamstefan, on the overview page, check the my data and add-on box, do you see any minutes or sms there.  The metering is shown there.  If the usage is all consumed, you won't see it. 

What is the intent of topping up?  Is it to renew the plan early?  If so, you need to private message the moderator team to do the early renewal.  Customers cannot do it on their own. 

Could be that i do not understand how topping account work.  I have ballance $8 topped up recently.  My origiinal 50 minutes is exhausted. My sccount shows that i also have 38 maessages left to sent out of 50.

Right. That's the answer to the subject line question. You can't call or answer anything anymore. Use that $8 and get the 200 minute add-on and you can call again.

How can i do it?

Go into purchasing add-ons and select the 200 minute one and after success restart the phone.

Great, thanks, it works again!! Kind of two step procedure - not very intuitive for me.

osprey828
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can contact the mod in Private message.

• Go to the Top right and click on Envelope beside the Bell
  • Click New message
  • send a message to 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamstefan wrote:

How do i contact the moderator. I checked all my account option i cannot find it.

You don't need the moderator. It's all self-serve. Even easier for you since you already have the money in your account.

adamstefan

@adamstefan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamstefan wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@adamstefan, on the overview page, check the my data and add-on box, do you see any minutes or sms there.  The metering is shown there.  If the usage is all consumed, you won't see it. 

What is the intent of topping up?  Is it to renew the plan early?  If so, you need to private message the moderator team to do the early renewal.  Customers cannot do it on their own. 

Could be that i do not understand how topping account work.  I have ballance $8 topped up recently.  My origiinal 50 minutes is exhausted. My sccount shows that i also have 38 maessages left to sent out of 50.

Right. That's the answer to the subject line question. You can't call or answer anything anymore. Use that $8 and get the 200 minute add-on and you can call again.

How can i do it?

How do i contact the moderator. I checked all my account option i cannot find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamstefan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamstefan wrote:

@will13am wrote:

How can i do it?

Go into purchasing add-ons and select the 200 minute one and after success restart the phone.

@adamstefanThat's why you can't make calls, you are out of minutes. Public Mobile doesn't do overage charges, you just stop being able to use it. You can either purchase a long distance add-on, it will always remain in your account until you have used all of the minutes you purchased, or you can message the moderators and ask them to renew your plan early. Either way, make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the cost of either the add-on or renewal.

To purchase an addon look at the main page of your account and beside the section that says My Data & Addons the is a button to purchase addons. Make sure you buy the Canada addon, not a US one.

adamstefan

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamstefan wrote:

@will13am wrote:

How can i do it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamstefan wrote:

@will13am wrote:

adamstefan

@will13am wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamstefan wrote:

Canada Wide Plan.

Keep scrolling down. What is showing underneath in the next area?

adamstefan

I have done as you sugested. Still the same problem.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

adamstefan

My Plan PM.jpg

Canada Wide Plan.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@adamstefan Try going into your account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@adamstefan wrote:

"Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on."

This message started yesterday. I also cannot send a message. (in my account i used 12 messages out of 50) I stay in Toronto all the time. I have Canada wide plan.I have Ontario location in my account. I have topped my account with $8 what is showing in my account. I have autopay. I rebooted my phone many times. I cannot call to my phone.

I am in trouble. Need help!!

Update: reading up on this message, it's probably a plan renewal related problem, so you should send a message to the mods.  Click the envelope icon (top right), or click the link below.  Explain the details to them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

When you log into your account, what do you see?  What is the account status?

What plan are you on?

Need Help? Let's chat.