cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, Talk is Not included in your current plan.I am Using $25 for 1G Data, Unlimited Voice Plan.

micko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, Talk is Not included in your current plan.

I am Using $25 for 1G Data, Unlimited Voice Plan.

Every time I make local phone call today. There is en error message. Does anyone have the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11

@sun2go wrote:

I don't have the $25 plan so I'm not sure it's connected to just that plan. After a few days of working with the moderators they referred my issue to the Tech Support. Took a couple more days but Tech support fixed the issue. I was without a phone for a week though.

I did send a follow up text every couple of days (when they didn't reply back after 48 hours) just to get some feedback and make sure they didn't forget about me.

Hopefully Tech Support passed the info on to the moderators so they will recognize the problem and be able to resolve this more quickly in the future.

@sun2go  Great post. Thanks for the update.

sun2go

I don't have the $25 plan so I'm not sure it's connected to just that plan. After a few days of working with the moderators they referred my issue to the Tech Support. Took a couple more days but Tech support fixed the issue. I was without a phone for a week though.

I did send a follow up text every couple of days (when they didn't reply back after 48 hours) just to get some feedback and make sure they didn't forget about me.

Hopefully Tech Support passed the info on to the moderators so they will recognize the problem and be able to resolve this more quickly in the future.

ClaireD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am using the same $25 plan, and having the same issue: hearing "Sorry, Talk is Not included in your current plan" for outgoing calls, and incoming calls go into voicemail.

akeastcoastorg

Does the $25 plan with unlimited calling and texting exist anymore than? I'm having the same problem

akeastcoastorg

I'm having the exact same problem right not says the exact same thing. I looked on the community announcements and they say they are fixing and doing maintenance maybe this is the problem or I think the $25 plan doesn't work try contacting the mods I'm still waiting on an answer from them

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

is ur plan registered in another province, could be causing u issues

The $25 plan has Canada-wide calling.  There is no combination of registered province to a call to any other province that could make any difference.  Further, @micko has already stated that the calls are local.  

Let us assume that the person did have a provincial-calling plan (which the OP doesn't.  Registered province is still irrelevant.  It would only matter the province of the tower that you are connected to and the province of the phone number that you are calling.  The city and province of your phone number and of your billing address still makes no difference.

Most likely, this is a provisioning issue, for which moderators need to fix.

Well ... when I make any LD call a warning message pop's up advising that I will be charged long distance charges ---- however other then the annoyance all works fine and I just accept the pop up warning.

sun2go

Did you resolve this issue?

I too get the same error message except mine occurs when I try to call out and all incoming calls go directly to voicemail. And then when I try to access voicemail from my phone it also produces the same error message.

After going through the community posts for an answer that would help I contacted a moderator who worked with me for couple of days.

Then on Tuesday the moderator sent my issue to tech support who were supposed to contact me max 48 hours.

I'm still waiting without a working phone.

@slash407 wrote:

is ur plan registered in another province, could be causing u issues

The $25 plan has Canada-wide calling.  There is no combination of registered province to a call to any other province that could make any difference.  Further, @micko has already stated that the calls are local.  

Let us assume that the person did have a provincial-calling plan (which the OP doesn't.  Registered province is still irrelevant.  It would only matter the province of the tower that you are connected to and the province of the phone number that you are calling.  The city and province of your phone number and of your billing address still makes no difference.

Most likely, this is a provisioning issue, for which moderators need to fix.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@micko , there may be an account provisioning issue affecting the talk feature in your plan.  You should reach out to the moderator team and have them reset your account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@micko wrote:

Every time I make local phone call today. There is en error message. Does anyone have the same issue?

Probably an account issue. You don't need to touch any phone settings. It won't solve this.

It will say you don't have talk if you don't have a voice plan.  Go to self serve account and check if you have right plan.  During activation, there is another $25 plan that doesn't include calls.

While there, try reporting your phone as lost/stolen and the  "find" it.  This fixes account stuff sometimes.

If no luck, send private mesaage to Moderator_Team.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@micko wrote:

@micko As buying the data plan only, you wan't be able to make call. But you can download an app such as TextNow or Fongo that you can call or text to North America for FREE. Those apps are using wifi or data. 

Need Help? Let's chat.