cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone using same phone number as mind

Jan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello. I had missing calls from bunch of different number since yesterday. And my friend tried to text me, I didn't get his message but someone else replied him back.
He said he is using same phone number as mine. He is using freedom mobile.
I don't know what's going on. Please figure it out.

+ i have used my number since 2015. My previous company was wind(which is freedom mobile now). And i changed company to public mobile about 3 months ago and i kept my number.
The guy who has same number as mine said he just got new number 2 days ago from freedom mobile.
6 REPLIES 6

@computergeek541 I had a thread about this (there were at least 4 people this happened to, incl me) and it is extremely weird

Some bug in system

Before November I had never heard of this (and the techs even told mods they had no idea how it happened in my case the activation system offered my number up to the new client)

My scenario was more complicated though, and I suspect my entire account was glitched

The major difference in this scenario is @Jan you still appear to be able to use your phone right?

@Jan  Did you already send a private message to the moderators with your phone number and account info?

Jan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks for replying. I added extea info of me

It's not unheard of for a company to mistakenly assign a phone number that is already in use to a new customer.  I believe a couple of people on here have had it happen to them (I think Kav2001c was one of them).  In those cases, Public accidently assigned phone numbers that were already active to new Public Mobile customers.

In my case, I had a phone number originally from Telus that was ported to Rogers.  I think it was about a year after porting from Telus to Rogers, I recieved a phone call from Telus technical support and found out that they had erroneously assigned my number to a new Telus customer.  For me, I never lost the ability to receive calls or texts.  The other person (the Telus customer) had to get a new number. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please also add some additional info to your message to the mod your number history.

did you port into PM or did you get a new number

how long have you had the phone number

when did you join PM

who was your previus provider

any extra info will help to solve your issue.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to get a moderator's help. @Shazia_K

Please send them a private message with your SIM card number and your account phone number. Moderator contact info:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Need Help? Let's chat.