cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone ported out my number by mistake to Koodo without my info or knoweledge

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible that someone can port out my number without my knowledge or having my informations like PIN number or Account # ?

My SIM # got deactivated some time ago . I noticed that I completely lost service and I couldn't connect to network (I have 1 bar inside my house and 5 bars outside it.)
After some troubleshooting I found out that couldn't log in to my self serve. After more troubleshooting (he responded when I was trying to text my number ) I was shocked to discover that someone else signed up with koodo and ported out my number in the process by mistake, (He was going from Freedom), and it seemed like it worked since the koodo account shows that it has my number. Now He never knew my account number or PIN and now because for some reason the number ported without my consent, I lost my promo, services, rewards as well as my current plan with 27 more days to go , so basically lost everything on PM (thank God community log in is separated from the main account). Please now Advise on what to do ?
I sent a pm to mods and I am awaiting more suggestions, I stopped him from messing around with the account for now since I don't want to lose my number. And he is helpful for now.
Now stuck in a limbo, waiting on mods to save me.

Edit:
Post Edited with better wording, and almost no typos.

Edit 2:

Issue fixed with the help of Moderator Shazia_K 

31 REPLIES 31

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Someone could know your number and name but the unique thing is your account number. 

Do you think you may have shared your account number with anyone?

Need Help? Let's chat.