cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone ported out my number by mistake to Koodo without my info or knoweledge

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible that someone can port out my number without my knowledge or having my informations like PIN number or Account # ?

My SIM # got deactivated some time ago . I noticed that I completely lost service and I couldn't connect to network (I have 1 bar inside my house and 5 bars outside it.)
After some troubleshooting I found out that couldn't log in to my self serve. After more troubleshooting (he responded when I was trying to text my number ) I was shocked to discover that someone else signed up with koodo and ported out my number in the process by mistake, (He was going from Freedom), and it seemed like it worked since the koodo account shows that it has my number. Now He never knew my account number or PIN and now because for some reason the number ported without my consent, I lost my promo, services, rewards as well as my current plan with 27 more days to go , so basically lost everything on PM (thank God community log in is separated from the main account). Please now Advise on what to do ?
I sent a pm to mods and I am awaiting more suggestions, I stopped him from messing around with the account for now since I don't want to lose my number. And he is helpful for now.
Now stuck in a limbo, waiting on mods to save me.

Edit:
Post Edited with better wording, and almost no typos.

Edit 2:

Issue fixed with the help of Moderator Shazia_K 

31 REPLIES 31

@zhadj030 I am really glad for you.

Thanks so much to the amazing @Shazia_K for taking care of this quickly, you are always very helpful 🙂

This is a very critical issue and if for some reason if this caused due to a seroius glitch in the systems and I humbly request the PM staff to put this on top of their list and please fix it right away.  Maybe @Jeremy_M can look into it.

Thanks

Thank you @Mana .
Sure I won't deny that there was a time I was freaking out, hopefully my issue didn't get to the 24 hours mark. (Issue happened around 9:03 pm after more hours are over and got fixed but 3 hours after they started by midday.) Let's just say that I had a white night trying to figure out , whether I left my account # or pin in a public area for the last 6 months or someone was able to get hold of it.
Anyway I hope my issue doesn't happen to anyone else.

@zhadj030, I am so glad for you that your issue was resolved successfully. 

I felt so bad for you. I would've been freaking out if I were in your position. 

This is a very critical issue which was most likely caused due to a seroius glitch in the systems. 

I humbly request the PM staff to put this on top of their list and please fix it right away. 

I

@makkahn28 wrote:

Thank god your service was restored. I admit, IF that happened to me, I'd be beyond shocked and almost bewildered

lol, I had faith in Shazia and the mods. Beause of that I got to discover a nice game that helped me relax my nerves all night , you should try it is you get too stressed XD, it has a beautiful soudntrack.

LONER (App Store, Google Play)

Thank god your service was restored. I admit, IF that happened to me, I'd be beyond shocked and almost bewildered

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

*2nd Update *

Problem has been resolved already , thanks to the great @Shazia_K 

My service is up and running. 

If you are seeing this in the future, then to solve the issue you need to make sure the the Koodo number is not ported out unless it is done by PM's mods (meaning don't you or the other party mess with it) so that you don't lose your number, and contact the moderators they were super helpful.

For community members, thank you guys (and girls) for the great help and suggestions, it is such a pleasure to be a part of you (even for some unknown person like me). 

let me confirm two things that you all know already :

1 : Portal and PM's system is bad and broken, and they really need to spend some money and fix it .

2 : Support and moderators here are simply the BEST. You will not find better then these guys anywere in the market, very understanding, helpful and amazingly quick.

Definitely a great pleasure to be around them in this community. So guys keep being the best. 

I need to wait a couple more days for support to manually create a new account for me using the same email used before (the one attached to the community) but I have service now so I do not mind the slightest. 

Other rewards like references and loyalty had to be put manually in the future as well , but that is fine by me.

Things to do now: 

* Change my PIN number just in case since account # changed as well

* Go help the person who ported my number (Just to avoid him messing it up again XD) 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
*Update*
Shazia is now taking care of my issue

@kav2001c it seems like you are indeed an expert in this situation.
Not sure what can they do with previous sim just like will13am I though it would be useless for now.

I have no idea, but in both times I saw it SIM was not responding

So I tried to activate a new one which messed up system even worse

(After techs fixed account I needed to wait an extra 72 hours since they could not fix SIM provisioning at same time)

There was a longer more technical response in other thread but basically it deals with multiple failed transactions so second one can not be cleared before first one is resolved etc

They might need a new SIM anyways but trying to activate it during the error makes the error worse somehow

@will13am wrote:

Can the old SIM card be reused in a situation like this?

@kav2001c wrote:

@will13am NO

DO NOT DO THIS

Account can not provision new SIM card and trying to do so will only increase his down time (and waste a spare SIM)

@will13am wrote:

Well, start with getting a SIM card.  The old one is burnt and can't be reused.  With that in hand, the moderator team should at least be able to quickly get your account up and running even if on a temporary number while they try to bring the other one back. 

Can the old SIM card be reused in a situation like this?

@computergeek541 CCTS will definately get involved if asked, but then it can get mixed up

Public has no executive office so you end up with both Koodo and Public reps messing around not talking to each other

Oh funny fact, there is a Mary here and a Mary there too which gets really confusing if you do not catch on Cat Wink

You'll be interested in this:

Wireless Code of Conduct

Section 3:  Disconnection of Services

3.5 Where it becomes apparent that disconnection occurred in error or was otherwise improper, the Company must restore the Services during business hours on the next working day, at the latest, unless exceptional circumstances do not permit this, and no reconnection charges shall be levied.

The above is really talking about non-payment but I think it could apply here and I would hold Public Mobile to a requirement of restoring services by the end of the next business day.  Hopefully, that can be done for you.

@will13am NO

DO NOT DO THIS

Account can not provision new SIM card and trying to do so will only increase his down time (and waste a spare SIM)

@will13am wrote:

Well, start with getting a SIM card.  The old one is burnt and can't be reused.  With that in hand, the moderator team should at least be able to quickly get your account up and running even if on a temporary number while they try to bring the other one back. 

@will13am they won't (can't) fix it

Even with CCTS intervention there is something broken internally

OP will be in same boat as me and require manual intervention by mods every month

@NDesai there are multiple confirmed cases of numbers being given to new clients

It is kinda scary actually the system allows this

I seem to always get tagged as an expert for these but I really have no idea how it is happening (and I have worked for multiple cellcos in my past so even seen internal workings)

I also mentioned in another thread one time while playing around with number change, I selected another city and was actually given a choice to take over someone else's Toronto phone number (which was ported from Bell to Public initially)

It was a *really* good number if I wanted it Cat Wink

I already have 2 spares on me at all time . I am just waiting on the mods response, I don't want to activate a new account just to receive a message saying that they can't give me the promo or credit my rewards because it is a new sign up.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mana wrote:

I feel so bad for you. 

Is the other person reasonable and cooperative?

Yes, thank God for that , he is still using the Freedom number as usual, I am the one with the weird situation

I believe @kav2001c was in the similar problem a while ago so, hopefully he chimes in about this.

I feel so bad for you. 

Is the other person reasonable and cooperative?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@zhadj030, see now this idea would help yuou as they would still be here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Later-Mod-Hours/idi-p/171244

That idea would work greatly now that they raised the prices and hired extra mods anyway.

@Mana wrote:

Hope that wasn't intentional and I really hope that you get your number back. 

If its a system bug, pm should be fixing it right away. 

I told the other persone to not mess with the account or try to port his number as I might lose my number so for now we are both on stand by waiting for a mod's response. 

We know the system is very buggy, but I hoope that this just a one time error, I can't imagine the horrors that would happen if this was a common glitch.

@zhadj030, see now this idea would help yuou as they would still be here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Later-Mod-Hours/idi-p/171244

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hope that wasn't intentional and I really hope that you get your number back. 

If its a system bug, pm should be fixing it right away. 

thank you @ShawnC13, I hope backlog is not that long. I am on call this week so this turned out to be a very bad timing 

This is one of those situations when someone would be really pissed off that support is not available 24/7 but I know Mods are the best here, so they might help me out.
I am just worried that I would go days with no service for now due to backlog

@zhadj030, that is strange but I wouldnt think impossible.  During the promos people were having their number pod or given to others.  Culd be avery similar/same system with Kodoo and PM.  I hope they get this straightened out for you very soon and get all of your rewards and prom plan back to you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am

I hope not, is it possible the the port becomes ''easier" or no demanding if someone is switching to koodo? Because if so, anyone that might be porting numbers might get your number and mess it up, this would be a nightmare.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, could this be due to the buggy self server portal leaking personal information?  Fixing this is going to be a lot of fun. 

@Mana wrote:

Someone could know your number and name but the unique thing is your account number. 

Do you think you may have shared your account number with anyone?

No, I am confident to say that I am 100 % sure no one has my account or PIN number

Need Help? Let's chat.