cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has the same number as me

Cheyennesurette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My texts are going to someone else and calls.. as the number i was assigned someone else also has. Im not paying to change my number so I need help!

8 REPLIES 8

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

that sounds reasonable

There is no charge to change the number, but you will have no choice but to do that.

The other person probably had the number first.  While the number should have never been assigned to you, Public Mobile cannot let this situation continue.

In the past, Telus Mobility assigned my number to a new customer after I had already ported out.  They had to give that new customer another number.

When I spoke with executive office and CCTS they claim internally no idea how it happens (it really should not be possible)

There is a glitch in the code (probably introduced when they combined the Public + Koodo systems)

@Acekiller wrote:

wow, i am suprised something like this happens. i thought it is automated?

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go to your self serve so you can get ur number switched because it is very weird that u got the same number as someone else. it rarely happens. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wow, i am suprised something like this happens. i thought it is automated?

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Uh oh @Cheyennesurette

This has happened multiple times in Public

Send details to a MOD

@CS_Agent

Make sure you include ALL details (dates, account number, cell number, name, address, PIN, etc)

If you do not fix it you WILL lose service since 2 SIMs should not have same phone number on network

Note that although a number change is free, this is usually a technical issue so changing number or SIM card is not advised until after Mods are aware of situation

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

if you dont mind you can change your phone numer on self sevice, you can do it yoursef and its easy ...

have a nice day

Need Help? Let's chat.