cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Website

KimJxn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've recently switched my husband, daughter and myself to PM.  I've been trying for 2 days to log into any of our accounts and it's SO SLOW it's not working! I've tried multplie computers and search engines.

This is rediculous, I'm regretting my decision now and looking elsewhere.

Anyone else with slow login issues?

I've also tried multplie times but since it keeps lagging it's kicked me out of the accounts.

20 REPLIES 20

@Ssubram65000a wrote:

Yes. I did have the same problem 2 minutes ago but it loaded up after I cleared the cache and history. I used the iPhone to login and I would assume it would be the same for your computer.

I believe you. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

Ssubram65000a
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. I did have the same problem 2 minutes ago but it loaded up after I cleared the cache and history. I used the iPhone to login and I would assume it would be the same for your computer.

@PMFanatic wrote:

The PM selfserve website gets lots of traffic. Definitely best to view it during early mornings or late evenings

==> I look forward to a PublicMobile App for Android and IOS one day... Smiley Wink

No chance.  Koodo had one, the subscribers preferred the full website option better.  Funny thing is, it's Koodo's same software that is used here.

IsaacLisik

@stonechucker Fair enough. When I was on autopay I had no problems. I did notice it was a bit slow on the website but I never had to log on after the first time until now. I don't relish the idea of going back to Telus and I like the no frills concept and the only online (if it were faster) is fine. I guess I'll just wait.

@GinYVR Thanks for the help and info!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 611 service will happily take your money without use of a PIN. It can use set amounts from a pre-registered payment card or entering a voucher.

@IsaacLisik: what do you mean added the bill to your account. Do you have a balance now as reported in the 611? If so maybe restart the phone again.

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The PM selfserve website gets lots of traffic. Definitely best to view it during early mornings or late evenings

==> I look forward to a PublicMobile App for Android and IOS one day... Smiley Wink

@IsaacLisik I don't disagree with you, but I don't think of this service in a business sense.  It's the third tier in the Telus organization, and originally it was its own company prior to that - Telus bought it up to make use of technology they didn't have access to.

Telus keeps public mobile on a very bare-bones budget, and for the 3 years I've been here, I continue to use the service because it works, and I only use it for my personal communications.  I have a backup phone (also on Public Mobile), and I have various other ways to be in contact with those who I communicate with.

Public Mobile is very 'no frills', and that's the grocery store chain I also use.  Low cost, no-frills, just the basics.  I know when the service works, and usually, when I use it, it's less than 15 seconds.  I know not to use it during peak times, as others are also trying to use it, and overloading the system.

If Telus really wants Public to flourish, they'd be doing something about it.  Sadly, we're the prepaid option for those looking for inexpensive options, and Telus would rather us on Koodo or the parent brand.

Telus doesn't care about us - no Canadian business does.  Find the best of the worst, and keep going.

@IsaacLisik611 only works like you had described, if you have a working credit card saved with your account... so in the end you still need to circle back to selfserve. It is what it is.

IsaacLisik

@stonechucker It may take more than 30 seconds for pages to load in self serve...but the issue is that I'm trying to use it to reset my password, and the lock out is one hour. The other issue is that my experience with other business websites is not this slow, so when it doesn't load after 10-15 seconds I assume an error occurred. Finally, it's hard to get support for any of these issues, let alone clear information.

Also, I do know my PIN but it still didn't let me use a credit card. When I pressed that button it just said it added the bill to my account, possibly my old credit card?

611 can work using the IVR system, but you must know your PIN and have valid payment card if you wish to do anything immediately.

Topping up via payment vouchers from www.recharge.com will work also, but note the inflated fees to do so.  Payment vouchers from PM partners (London Drugs, WalMart, Mobile Shop, K-Mobile, Wow Wireless, and others) are also loadable via the IVR system.

Other tasks like changing a payment card, changing a SIM card, updating profile info and such can only be done via the My-Account / Self-Serve module.

@IsaacLisikNo there is a toll free centre number, it connects but don't do anything.. I am glad you didn't dial that one!

I find the best usage times to limit slowness (and display issues) are not at 12pm-6pm Eastern time.  Early evenings are much better.

Overnight not so much - regular quick support seems to happen on the self-serve system.  Any scheduled and posted downtime (look in Announcements forum) will also be bad times (usually weekend midnight to early morning Eastern.

If it takes more than 30 seconds to do something - it'll be a while.

IsaacLisik

@GinYVR I called *611 which seems to have been correct? But it's only a robot system, and none of the options help me access my account or pay with a new credit card.

I also PM'd the moderators but no response. I guess I'm waiting an hour for the lock out to time out and try one more time. Ugh...

@IsaacLisikYou might be find an old call centre number.. just be aware it accepts your telephone number but it doesn't go anywhere.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@KimJxn wrote:

I've recently switched my husband, daughter and myself to PM.  I've been trying for 2 days to log into any of our accounts and it's SO SLOW it's not working! I've tried multplie computers and search engines.

I've also tried multplie times but since it keeps lagging it's kicked me out of the accounts.

@KimJxn Yes, that happens alot when too many customers are trying to access the site at the same time. I find though once you are in things tend to speed up a bit. The P in PM stands for patience.🙂

IsaacLisik

I've also had this problem, twice now. I tried finding a number to contact them because it would be faster than waiting 1 hour for my account lock out to expire. I have other things to do...but they don't have customer service other than online, which is ironic considering how slow it is.

@XionBunnyThis forum is hosted by Lithium, it is fine.. It is the selfserve which seemed to have been evolved from a business school class project on ASP.net that is causing issues.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KimJxn wrote:

The evenings are a good time to log in as well, you just have to be patient most times in just leaving it to load, that's lithium for you.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

The website is slow, but it's working for me.

Try clearing your browser cache and using incognito mode.

You can also try logging on during off-peak hours.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KimJxnIt is better early in the morning EST.

Need Help? Let's chat.