cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim invalid

Serenity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please help me?  I got through most of the activation / set up and then the site said there was an error and directed me back to page one.. and now  my sim is invalid.  I tried clearing the cache, I tried a different computer and a two different browsers.  I waited an hour or more... 

26 REPLIES 26

mtlmeg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

I had the same problem and solved it easily this way.

@ymchanhar wrote:

Hi, I have the same challenge.

I just tried to register my mom's sim card, but I went back to correct some address information, and now it says my SIM card is invalid. What do I do now?

If you never got around to paying for the plan, the sim card should still be fine.

I would suggest closing the web browser, wait about an hour, clear the browser's cache after reopening the web browser, and then try again.  The sim card number should show as valid again.

ymchanhar

Hi, I have the same challenge.

I just tried to register my mom's sim card, but I went back to correct some address information, and now it says my SIM card is invalid. What do I do now?

Serenity

My roommate did it first, but he went to the website and created his account first.. then did the activation.  When I did it, I did it the way they suggest... activate and then create account.. and it said sim invalid.

I ended up going to the website and creating an account.. it worked.. said a payment was taken and when I tried to make a call - it worked.  I don't know after that what to do if that doesn't help.. sorry!

@madmike wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Serenity wrote:

Ok... I did try to make a call and it works.

So - what does that mean?  Is it activated and done?  How do I get an account now?  Thank you, by the way 🙂

Login to your self-serve account using your email address and the password supplied during activation.

I've had this same process, but I can't log in to my account, reset my password, or anything. It's like I have never signed up, but I can't re-do the process as the sim is invalid. Thoughts?

You will need help from the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened with your account. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..be patient..Smiley Frustrated

madmike

@popping wrote:

@Serenity wrote:

So - what does that mean?  Is it activated and done?  How do I get an account now?  Thank you, by the way 🙂

Login to your self-serve account using your email address and the password supplied during activation.

I've had this same process, but I can't log in to my account, reset my password, or anything. It's like I have never signed up, but I can't re-do the process as the sim is invalid. Thoughts?

@RHVan wrote:

thanks for the suggestions

I was indeed able to create an account with the same information , just as you describe.

Then when i logged in there was a record of my payment being made, and the 'change sim' option showed my sim number

So....I have an account, its linked to the sim in my phone, and i've paid.

But alas, my phone is still saying emergency calls only and won' t let me make calls.

By the way, i tried the IMEI check and my phone should be fine (it was on telus before anyway...)

So, thanks! It feels like i'm getting some where. But i'm not there yet.

@RHVan

Which IMEI checker did you use? Did you check the IMEI against the blacklist? https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Try removing the sim card, then putitng it back in.

After that go into network settings is it set to "automatically select network" ? If it is, deselect it and try to do a manual network search, (it can take 5+ minutes be patient!!) what networks do you see? If you see public mobile, try connecting to it manually and report back.

P.S. you should make your own new thread about this and not post in someone elses as this one has already been marked as "solved" so there will be little attention to your posts.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/phones_and_hardware

RHVan

thanks for the suggestions

I was indeed able to create an account with the same information , just as you describe.

Then when i logged in there was a record of my payment being made, and the 'change sim' option showed my sim number

So....I have an account, its linked to the sim in my phone, and i've paid.

But alas, my phone is still saying emergency calls only and won' t let me make calls.

By the way, i tried the IMEI check and my phone should be fine (it was on telus before anyway...)

So, thanks! It feels like i'm getting some where. But i'm not there yet.

Serenity

I tried the sim card in and it made a call.. after I realized there was a payment taken.

Also - Go to the main page to create an account... with the info you gave to sign up.  Don't try to do it where it says to sign in and / or forgot password thing...

Another thing people have suggested is waiting an hour and trying again.. this didn't work for me, but... worth a try!

RHVan

Hi

thanks for trying to help.

You mean try to make a call?

When I put the sim in my phone i get the 'emergency call' only option. So I haven't tried.

Are you suggesting I try dialing a regular number even though my phone is in emergeny only mode??

For what its worth, yes, my credit card was charged.

2 hours later I can not sign in to self serve , and the 'forget password' option says my email isn't recognixed. I seem to have no account. But I can't create one because my sim is 'invalid'

I have sent a message to the moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RHVan, Try what @Serenity suggested.  It could work for you also.  If not, check if the payment has gone through on your CC.  If not, you can try again, after an hour or two since your previous attempt.

Serenity

Hi,

I went to create account but used all the original information I had given for creating an account.. it went right to it.  So even though the process crashed while creating, it still took a payment and there was an account.

Don't try to log on or use the forgot password.  Go to their main homepage and create an account with the info you used. 🙂

RHVan

Hi

I am having the exact same problem for my husband.

Not sure if replying here is the thing to do, or do I start a new thread??

The system had an error at the final step of processing the payment setting up a new account.

Now when I try to start again with that sim card it is invalid.

When I try to login to the account , the account I created doesnt exist.

The forget password option also gets me no where.

Help!

Serenity

Ok, I figured it out!  Thanks 🙂

Serenity

I don't know how to do that... I just thought... I'd put it at the end of the thread so folks could see all the answers?

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Serenity wrote:

Thank you everyone!  My phone is on and account set up and I have info about the credit!!  Thank you. 🙂

@Serenity  So glad you got this sorted. I see you put my response as the solution, but I really didn't help at all. Feel free to chose a different solution, as I don't want to take credit when others were able to help you so much more.

Welcome to Public Mobile and I hope it's all smooth sailing from here!

Serenity

Thank you everyone!  My phone is on and account set up and I have info about the credit!!  Thank you. 🙂

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Serenity wrote:

Ok, thank you - it let me set up an account and now it's all working.. except the $25 that was supposed to be for the person who referred me and myself... is that automatic?  Thank you so much for all your help!

You'll see that credit within 72 hours. It's usually within 24 in my experience. I set up a customer at about 3:00 PM yesterday. The $25 credit was in both of our accounts this morning.

GC

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Serenity wrote:

Ok, thank you - it let me set up an account and now it's all working.. except the $25 that was supposed to be for the person who referred me and myself... is that automatic?  Thank you so much for all your help!

The $25 credit will be in your accounts within 72 hours after activation.

popping

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Serenity wrote:

Can someone please help me?  I got through most of the activation / set up and then the site said there was an error and directed me back to page one.. and now  my sim is invalid.  I tried clearing the cache, I tried a different computer and a two different browsers.  I waited an hour or more... 

Edited since you've had this resolved. Glad it worked out!

Serenity

popping

@Serenity wrote:

Serenity

Serenity

If it was activated, wouldn't I be able to sign in?  It won't even recognize my email.  I did pay, yes.

popping

@Serenity wrote:

Did you getting to the point of paying for you new plan?

Your plan may be already activated.  Test your PM SIM card whether you can call someone.

Need Help? Let's chat.