cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Cbrown121585
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased three sim cards from public mobile and the first two were activated without any issues (wife's phone and fathers phone) but since I've tried to activate the sim card for my phone I went through all the required steps and was at the last page of the setup process and when it was processing it went to a different page and said general error and now I can't get the sim card to register. I tried doing it over again but it keeps telling me the sim card number is invalid and now I can't use my telus sim card either so now I have no use of my phone. Any help would be appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Cbrown121585 wrote:

I recently purchased three sim cards from public mobile and the first two were activated without any issues (wife's phone and fathers phone) but since I've tried to activate the sim card for my phone I went through all the required steps and was at the last page of the setup process and when it was processing it went to a different page and said general error and now I can't get the sim card to register. I tried doing it over again but it keeps telling me the sim card number is invalid and now I can't use my telus sim card either so now I have no use of my phone. Any help would be appreciated 

Check your account page to see if your account is "lost/Stolen" locked. if it is simply unlock it and all should be fine.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same issue with one of my SIM cards I was activating. I cleared the browsing history and cash on my chrome browser. Waited until the next day and started the process of activating the SIM again. It worked fine the second time around. 

Hoping this helps. 

Cheers 

HSPark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wanted to switch yesterday to Public Mobile but I ended up doing it today because I had a similar issue. 

I read some some of the post suggesting the clearing everything but since my computer skills aren’t that great. ***All I did was to close all my browser and try again today (I tho I it would have worked even if I had waited 1 hour). 

Let the community know if that worked by marking the post resolved. 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cbrown121585 as @RobertQc said, check those things to see if the account/SIM card may have been activated.  You could also login to your self-serve account to see what the Account Status says.  Good luck.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Cbrown121585 wrote:

@Cbrown121585  Did the payment method get charged? Try inserting the sim card into the phone, is it working? If so use this link.https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged and the sim is not working its probably just temporarily locked in a different session. Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.