Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim card swap

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

I don't know exactly how long your private info was out there for everyone to see, but your account, credit card info and other financial information might have already been compromised.  Change your passwords asap and check your credit card charges.

The information was there for about 3 minutes, but on the internet, that might as well be 3 years.  Someone using the forums might have an old or chached version of that page/message still loaded and there are some website that specialize in in preserving the conent of some websites at a certain moment of time. Also, it only take a second for some to copy and paste the infromation.

so true.  I used to wonder why there were so many guests in this forum.  Lots of non-customers lurking around.  Why I thought.  Now I think I know the answer.... they want to know more about Public Mobile. 😁

hTideGnow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I wonder who the "guests" are  too.   There are always more guests here than real members !!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow Guests are people who don't log in. Some of them might be regular members who are reading but don't post often.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@hTideGnow Guests are people who don't log in. Some of them might be regular members who are reading but don't post often.

@cellphoneuser1    Interesting...wasn't aware that guests could be just customers not signing in.    I can understand that sometimes regular customers may just come to PM's website to see if there's any new announcements or notices from other customers posting about an issue similar to what they may be experiencing and probably don't need to sign in unless they mean to ask a question or contact moderators.

Nice to know that most of these "guests" aren't interested in gleaning personal information being inadvertently posted by a few customers who seem to be unaware that they are sharing on a public forum. 

Having said that I think it's quite shocking that PM still hasn't implemented some sort of an alert (popup warning?) whenever anyone hits "Post" to not include any personal or private information in their message....it might prevent most, if not all, of these types of posts, I'd think.

Need Help? Let's chat.